Aloha-Maui

Ingykiz

I am whale watching in Maui it is amazing. I am also doing alot of shopping. I am seeing alot of beautiful pearls in Lahana shops. Anyone know of a reputable/reliable shop(s) that I can look for a strand of tahitian pearls?

Aloha Ingykiz,
It sounds like you are having lots of fun. I haven't been to Maui for several years. I didn't shop for black pearls there either. I do get promotion emails from Black Pearl Gallery in Maui. They are in The Shops at Wailea http://www.e-blackpearl.com/our_stores.shtml. I don't have any experience with them. Are you flying back to Oahu to return to mainland or are you flying straight from OGG? If stopping by Oahu, take a look at Tahiti Pearl Market or Margo Tahitian Pearl right below the Hyatt on Kalakaua, the main drag.

I would check out Na Hoku. I know they have a bunch of stores on Maui, like the shops at Wailea and in the Maui Hyatt Regency in Lahaina.
I've always thought the quality of the pearls were good and the prices fair. I like Na Hoku better than Maui Divers.

Enjoy Maui! If you can make it to Hana, you should go! Wainapapa state park is just beautiful!!

I'd look on line for a local seller. I know there are some there. Na Hoku, Maui Divers etc. is overpriced and you'll have to look hard for nice pearls. In my humble opinion based on what they sell on the big island. Buy local if you can!

Back