AGTA News - "Chinese/Baby Akoya" are Actually Nucleated FWPs!

Actual Chinese akoya or the mini-beaded freshwater?
FWP Bead nucleated. There's a big pearl wholesaler in Tucson (tent) that sells FWP AK at 10mm+. Ballsy enough to have tags that says akoya on every strand.

I have yet to see any decent yield of Saltwater Chinese akoya. Of all the ones who claim they have Chinese AK, it's all been FWP.

Last edited:
I can get you these for only $59.99!

"This beautiful Akoya pearl necklace ranges 12mm in size and consists of all beautiful and lustrous pearls in AAA quality. All pearls in this necklace are round and are strung with silk thread and double-knotted between each pearl. This necklace comes standard with a beautiful clasp. Known as the 'icon' of cultured pearls, Akoya pearls have graced the necks, ears, fingers, and wrists of women for decades. The Pearl Source imports their Akoya pearls from the salt waters of Japan, grown in the Pinctada fucata oyster. All of our Akoya pearl necklaces are made on site, and our extensive experience and careful attention to detail allows us to create truly beautiful Akoya pearl necklaces.
Exquisite pearls, classic necklace!
This Akoya strand is meticulously matched for size and color. A pearl necklace at just the right length to show off the beauty of your neck. Can be worn on any occasion, whether a formal evening event or everyday casual.Sophisticated, classy, and classic. An Akoya Pearl necklace specially for her.
Our Pearls are Handpicked from the seas and lakes of Japan.Gemological Institute of America pearl identification examination done in New York.We guarantee all our product used 100% Genuine Pearl."

I can get you these for only $59.99!

"This beautiful Akoya pearl necklace ranges 12mm in size and consists of all beautiful and lustrous pearls in AAA quality. All pearls in this necklace are round and are strung with silk thread and double-knotted between each pearl. This necklace comes standard with a beautiful clasp. Known as the 'icon' of cultured pearls, Akoya pearls have graced the necks, ears, fingers, and wrists of women for decades. The Pearl Source imports their Akoya pearls from the salt waters of Japan, grown in the Pinctada fucata oyster. All of our Akoya pearl necklaces are made on site, and our extensive experience and careful attention to detail allows us to create truly beautiful Akoya pearl necklaces.
Exquisite pearls, classic necklace!
This Akoya strand is meticulously matched for size and color. A pearl necklace at just the right length to show off the beauty of your neck. Can be worn on any occasion, whether a formal evening event or everyday casual.Sophisticated, classy, and classic. An Akoya Pearl necklace specially for her.
Our Pearls are Handpicked from the seas and lakes of Japan.Gemological Institute of America pearl identification examination done in New York.We guarantee all our product used 100% Genuine Pearl."
Ugh :( I just Googled the first paragraph and found multiple sites, clearly all run by the same people.

brandlrt.com
Takoerv.com
yeasdnera.com
wivrrieacly.com
pvtrakrsly.com
materiafl.com
camerllia.com
xurtoloe.com
ekorta.com

I see the Brandlrt.com site supposedly has a physical store in Los Angeles, but the address is of a Bank of America, and the photo of the showroom is a pearl shop in Osaka, Japan.

1716316220437.png

If you look at the "Buyer's Guide to Purchasing Pearls" there are two different company names, E&W Crystals and Tringio.

"By choosing TRINGIO Akoya Pearls as your trusted pearl merchant, you can feel secure about your pearl investments and know that you've acquired treasures to cherish for a lifetime. Remember, investing in pearls is about embracing the story behind each one - a story best narrated by a merchant who shares your passion for these oceanic gems."

Googling Tringio pulls up another scam site.

1716316453153.png

Maybe a new thread/PSA post is in order. How to spot a pearl website scam ....

Ugh :( I just Googled the first paragraph and found multiple sites, clearly all run by the same people.

brandlrt.com
Takoerv.com
yeasdnera.com
wivrrieacly.com
pvtrakrsly.com
materiafl.com
camerllia.com
xurtoloe.com
ekorta.com

I see the Brandlrt.com site supposedly has a physical store in Los Angeles, but the address is of a Bank of America, and the photo of the showroom is a pearl shop in Osaka, Japan.

If you look at the "Buyer's Guide to Purchasing Pearls" there are two different company names, E&W Crystals and Tringio.

"By choosing TRINGIO Akoya Pearls as your trusted pearl merchant, you can feel secure about your pearl investments and know that you've acquired treasures to cherish for a lifetime. Remember, investing in pearls is about embracing the story behind each one - a story best narrated by a merchant who shares your passion for these oceanic gems."

Googling Tringio pulls up another scam site.

Maybe a new thread/PSA post is in order. How to spot a pearl website scam ....
Wait til tomorrow, you'll be flooded with their facebook ads. haha

Eric, nice to see you posting here! Always love visiting you in Tucson.
These Chinese "akoya" were all over Tucson this year.

Great to see you here as well. Just here to share knowledge.

Jeremy,

Look at this one... Brand new advertisement on FB.
^ I'm sure you can tell which booth this is at GJX. (I've notified our friend already).

The videos CTA to this site https://www.pearlsource-us.com/products/aaaa-grade-high-quality-pearl-necklace
Note the site URL name.. Also a direct copy of another retail company that is well known on this site.

The advertising profile is here - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61558066937167
Actual advertisement can be found here - https://www.facebook.com/ads/library/?id=412387454892518

Back