A Stroll Through the Antique Show....

danachit

Today while strolling through the Scott antique market in Atlanta, this silvery tahitian baroque necklace just somehow 'leapt' onto my neck. :eek: I had a little trouble with the clasp and seriously had to consider giving up and just taking it home. :cool:

Am I calling this correctly? Tahitian? Baroque? At home on my neck? :D

crop.jpg

This looks way more interesting than a stone upgrade for your ring. !! :D

This looks way more interesting than a stone upgrade for your ring. !! :D

Hahaha! Well, I DID go there to try on big diamonds...

Who can blame me for getting distracted? :D

Whoa!!

What kind of a price tag on that one? Those are some big ones~

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

The tag said 7500. We talked 'pearls' for a bit and it suddenly changed to 4500. And yes, they were huge. I perused the whole show for 'estate' pearls and these were, by far, the best offering.

Woo HOO! That sweet diamond ring looks so much better now that it has a necklace to go with it! ;)

Dana they look fantastic. Price seems OK too for the size? Suit you very very well...

Hi Dana,

did you buy them? They look beautiful in their silver luster and the size is not too much either. Price is quite OK too for such large Baroques. Diamond rings you can get whenever you are looking but such big lovely baroques for that price - not often I would think.

If you have bought them - congratulations - if :)not - hope you?ll never regret it.

Did I buy them?
No.
Did I WANT to buy them?
You bet your sweet booties I wanted to.

But let me introduce you to the dearheart who would have smacked me upside the head with a heaping "WHAT were you thinking!?" if I had. To my right is my girl. She spends a lot of time feeding the homeless, bringing clothes and furniture to folks in poverty, recounting details of families she's worked with in third world countries who are existing on one dollar a day. I bought a small MP3 player to go with my ipod and got lectured on how that $35 could have fed a child for a month. The horrors! Thirty-five dollars thrown wrecklessly to the wind! :eek:

Once this minimalistic, simple living phase settles down to a dull roar (or she moves out), I'll sneak off and order me some freshadamas. :cool:

(come to think of it though...she's gonna spend the summer in New Zealand and Australia. I should suggest she do a little 'pearl jaunt'.)

crop2.jpg

Last edited:
What a disappointment! :)
I already started getting envious looking at these BEAUTIFUL pearls on your elegant neck :)

Bless you, Dana and your dearheart. It is so good to stop for a moment and to think differently.
Thank you,
nora

Or... you could buy the pearl and keep them in hiding until the time comes :rolleyes: Those look huge an extremely interesting. Do you remember the size of that largest monster on the strand? Were there blemishes? What kind of 'baroque'?

If your daughter is into 'poverty tourism' ... there's plenty to do here too...

Danachit,
Your daughter sounds like a sweetheart. You must be a proud mama.

Darn! Oh well, you still have an awesome ring and the cutest daughter ever. I guess that will have to do!!:D

Or... you could buy the pearl and keep them in hiding until the time comes :rolleyes: Those look huge an extremely interesting. Do you remember the size of that largest monster on the strand? Were there blemishes? What kind of 'baroque'?

If your daughter is into 'poverty tourism' ... there's plenty to do here too...

Very few blemishes actually, just mainly near their 'crowns', if at all. The pearls were nicely matched regarding color. Each voluptuous orb had a shimmer like a shiney new dime, like the flash of a silver fish in the curve of a wave, like an exquisite glimmer of the inside of a rain cloud, like, like....DING DANGIT...somebody come hide my keys and my american express!! :D

Oh my gosh!!

Did you get their card---------------I can't stand it!!!!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Dana,
My lovely 19 yearl old son just got back from teaching English to Tibetan refugees in India - maybe when your daughter is over here they could meet up?? Seriously, I wasn't "allowed" to shop for gemstones in Rajasthan due to my son's severe anti-materialistic tendencies!! I also figure he will never move out of home (kids here go to uni/college from home, mostly) as he will always be looking after the world's poor and will never ever be able to afford to!

Back