A greeting with questions

I have fallen in love with the Ombre pearls too. I think with a necklace like that you get the best from both worlds. The traditional akoyas that every bride wants to wear on her wedding day. And you get some gorgeous quality tahitian pearls too. It seems to be a versatile necklace both for more formal occasions, but stunning also worn with jeans.
I agree with what Katbran is saying about checking out what pearls look like in person. They always look bigger in pictures than irl. But I think you can also order a strand from PP and if you don`t like it, send it back and get a refund.
I wish you the best of luck!

I already picked up 10 hours of OT within yesterday, and tomorrow so hopefully I can keep it up and get her, whatever it may be, something beautiful. I appreciation the suggestions and I will definitely head to a jeweler nearby and check pearl sizes. I don't know how I feel about the multicolor so that's why it's not one of my options right now, I don't feel for it like I do the others I've brought up over and over and over. I am thankful that you guys haven't shunned me for my monotonous differentiating. I just can't seem to decide, luckily I don't have to yet. I do like the tin cup style over the strand style, until I saw the expensive but so damn beautiful ombre piece, it really is perfect for what I want, silver blue akoyas, blue tahitians (my favorite color is blue and blue looks so freaking sexy on my fiancee) and varying sizes to spice things up just a smidge. All of this has really helped me learn a lot about pearls which is going to be extremely helpful in the future. On top of my comments and such I have a question for everyone that has read or is reading this, what pearl piece or type of pearl do you want most, price being no object, nor accessibility. I have this weird quirk where I like knowing what some of the most sought after, but rarely retrieved items are for categories I get involved in. I love rare, unique, and priceless items, within the hobbies I concern myself with, Which at this point I think buying my fiancee jewelry could probably be considered a hobby XD

And a grand hobby at that :D Keep up the good work!

Free choice...? I would want a necklace and bracelet of large Tahitians, all smothered in layers of thick nacre and all green and teal in various shades - and a set of golden South Sea Pearls, not dyed. Or perhaps a set of the lime colored Tahitians I'm getting for earrings. Sorry - can't limit myself.

- Karin

Lol, not trying to be sexist or anything of the such, but you're a woman, you never had a chance at being able to limit yourself LMAO. But thank you and Yes south sea pearls were another awesome set I was looking at. My fiancee isn't a fan of gold so I would have to go with the white.

Ahh, those abalone pearl earrings are spectacular, so unique! So while doing our registry today at a local Bed, Bath, and Beyond I was able to sneak in an earring question in a very stealthy manner, securing my presumptions that studs are the way to go, BUT I'm still thinking if I get the blossom pearl earrings mentioned earlier, with silver blue akoyas, along with the ombre collection pieces it would look marvelous. I would get the earrings in a 8.5-9.0mm size while the necklace I believe goes from about 3.0 akoyas to 10.9 tahitians (only 1 I believe). The Bracelet is similar but stops at about the 9mm mark for the Tahitian pearl. I'm slightly concerned that the earrings won't stand out quite enough with the sizing because of the size of the necklace, if anyone else shares these suspicions with me, I have another question among all of these others I've scavenged your minds for lol. Would getting the necklace and bracelet be kind of dumb without getting earrings as well?, I feel like I would be better off just getting her the necklace before like stated earlier in the thread (by one of the previous posters, I'm sorry I can't remember who it was but you deserve credit lol) and then down the line purchasing the other items to suit it, which can also be worn at other times and don't NEED each other to flatter my lovely future bride. I am also curious as to if I should purchase the earrings after the necklace and the bracelet last, since bracelets dont seem to be as important to a woman's outfit as a great pair of earrings and necklace are. If I do it this way I would be able to afford maybe 10 or 11mm Silver Blue akoya studs that way it really sparkles and is known she's wearing some hot ass jewelry LOL.

I'd have Pearl Paradise select some silver blue akoya earrings that go well with the ombre necklace. No need to go super big at this time. A lady can use a wardrobe of various earring sizes, and can build it over time.

You will find that the pearls in the silver to white range with great luster do a great job of reflecting light. I have a photo of myself taken from across a room, and my white pearl stud earrings are easy to see.

That's true, maybe some of the same sizing could do the trick for a little while. I will have to eventually give them a call and tell them what I'm interested in.

Don't worry too much about earrings size, ask for the highest luster and that will be enough to stand out no matter what the size is.

I've been following this thread since beginning, even though I can't contribute anything since the others have been very helpful. Hopefully you will update us what you're getting in the end for the lucky fiancee :)

I will most definitely update everyone, and thank you all again for being so generous with your knowledge, I couldn't be more grateful it's been a tremendous help!

Hi Dreamman,

Sorry, late to the party but have been in the same situation that you are currently in. As this will be her first set I would recommend on going with something classic with the matching earrings/bracelets. The Ombre collection is also a nice collection and bridges the differences between the Akoya/Tahitian decisions. The best thing you are doing is being here and researching what you are buying to understand the differences and what you should be buying. Don't get overwhelmed with the many types and styles of pearls but would stick with your first instinct and go with something based on Tahitians. Trust me there will be may Birthdays, Anniversaries and Holidays to come to get into other types and styles of pearls.

P.S. Saw the updated traveling show of Le Miserables a few months ago and it was amazing. Lucky for you looks like they will be going back to Broadway starting Spring 2014.

Yes I noticed the spring 2014 Broadway scene happening and I'm excited lol. I appreciate your comment and it is very heartwarming. Good to know that my decision isn't completely abstract and also seems to fit my undecidedness quite well!

Back