365 Days of Pearls

Thanks BN. I like ring and bar clasps for bracelets as I can close them easily with my left hand. Plus, they can be very decorative. But I never see them offered by the pearl vendors. As much as I love the orbit clasp, I cannot work it one handed.

If they are well designed, they won't come undone accidentally. I've had a few where the bar was too short and they kept undoing themselves.

I have a strand of large white ripples with the same ring and bar clasp. I think it’s useful for these really large pearls. No issues with either coming undone.

Such beautiful combos, BN. And slightly off topic, I adore your avatar photo! :cool:

Thank you, CricketBug! That’s our buff Orpington rooster, Chickadee, draped in a Catherine Cardellini rope. He’s 6 and the sweetest, most laid back rooster.

At least when you do find your ripples, that you misplaced, you have lots of new combinations to show us.

True!

A couple of years ago I bought a velvet jewelry roll, loaded it with my ripples and it vanished! It’s tucked away somewhere..

Something so festive about multicolor ripples; BN, love how you contrast large & small recently!

Thank you, pattye! The addition of the tinies makes the round and/or larger pearls more wearable to me. Somehow less formal?

Day 330:

White South Sea pearls from Pearl Paradise, Tahitian Keshi on iolite from Kojima Pearl, tiny blue baroque akoya studs from little h.

08B59FB4-9114-4668-BE8F-94B278E2561C.jpg

E388ED6A-91C2-4FDF-90F1-EC74F0349782.jpg

8040667D-5E83-4ACB-B13E-A074A2467709.jpg

B5DA5780-4F64-4A6D-BDCB-2142975F5CBB.jpg

6A5DF311-B242-4089-BDE2-3FFDB8114200.jpg

1ECEBBD6-FC64-4A0D-BFBE-8A726022585F.jpg

A9A55E18-CC8D-4C12-8009-5AAA4D5B7FE8.jpg

Beautiful combination, the cooler tones in the keshis and iolites looks great with the gorgeous south sea strand.

Baby Nurse, that's one of the most beautiful combinations you've done yet ... those icy blues, the luster, the sweater ... AAAAA + ... Thank You for sharing!

See, that's the kind of SS pearls I'd like to get. Not too round. Not too baroque. Amazing luster and shine.

baby nurse -- seeing your strand made me reach for mine. I haven't worn it for many months. Thanks for the inspiration! Gorgeous combo you have there.

Baby Nurse, that's one of the most beautiful combinations you've done yet ... those icy blues, the luster, the sweater ... AAAAA + ... Thank You for sharing!

Thank you, Cathy! I keep forgetting that you have a special fondness for blues:)

baby nurse -- seeing your strand made me reach for mine. I haven't worn it for many months. Thanks for the inspiration! Gorgeous combo you have there.

I’m glad your showing them some love! I looove your South Sea collection!

Thank you, Charlotta and 86CG!

I originally tried it with a strand of SS Keshi but thought maybe less was more.

205B9366-996B-495A-AEBD-85475C26405E.jpg

See, that's the kind of SS pearls I'd like to get. Not too round. Not too baroque. Amazing luster and shine.

I bought 3 other strands before I found these. One that I returned I adored, but the Pearl Paradise SS harvest strands had just come out and I couldn’t afford both. So I returned the wss.

Your pearls are gorgeous as always! I admire your flair for putting together all different pearls. They always make a lovely statement. It's a gift BN.

Back