365 Days of Pearls

I would like some chickens to, but Not-husband said no...because of my asthma and because we aren't ever home during the weekends half the year and never during the summervacation. He said it would be to difficult, and not nice to the poor chickens, to ship them to the summer cabin almost every friday night as we do with terror-kitten. Kitten likes to travel, she gets treats and possibly mice at the cabin. She caught 2 mice at home recently. Very good kitten ever though she smackes my pearls with her paw every time I try to arrange them on my pearl board. If I correct her she smackes harder....

I don’t think I’ve seen pictures of the bunnies. They are adorable! Love the pearls, too! I remember the Rio strand and golden wave well!:eek: And the dash to repack our goodies and head for the airport!

I don’t think I’ve shared pics of the bunnies before. I have a couple of others to post as well.

The dash to the airport—yes.

You already heard this part jeg, but I’ll repeat it again here. I discovered the golden wave 10 minutes before we were due to meet up and leave for the airport. The only way I could buy the strand and meet jeg on time was if I ran. But there were these security ladies in maroon berets everywhere so instead of running I jogged really fast, and actually slowed to a walk when I spotted one of the ladies. Reaching an exit I’d say “Exit?” And the lady in the beret would say “No exit!!” I did this 3 or 4 more times before finally getting to the right exit; security lady compared my passport pic to my face, scanned my badge and I was free to dash the rest of the way to jeg. On time and with with a special piece:eek:.

Pic of security ladies.

B268AD43-2210-41CA-80F4-F448752A1033.jpg

The bunnies are adorable!! And your tin cup style rope with tiny pearls between the large ones is luscious!

Thanks, Pearl Dreams. I think the person who put it together had a good eye for color because they used tiny peach pearls. Not an obvious choice for most people and complements really nicely.

Oh, BabyN, hugs and laughter are your gifts. Well, now you've crushed my heart with love, too, with your winter bunnies! I knew it!

Ok, ok, I have to tell you - on the PetProgression, we went from one gekko (how did this gecko get to Pittsburgh????!) to two hamsters to birds to (finally, pets that survived) 2 bunnies. One was a caramel bunny and one was all white. One was half-lop-earred. Just adorable, except I was the cage-cleaner, gross, but they grew fat and glossy, a love story.

Now my son and his wife have 2 bunnies in Finland, and my daughter and husband have 2 very muscular rescue dogs of sturdy random parentage. No chickens. No pearls. No pearls on chickens. What was my point...:confused:
idk but thank you for the fun you've brought here!

Haha, glad to hear about the PetProgression!! Yes, certain pets last longer than others. I wish the hamsters/guinea pigs stuck around longer but they are loved just the same.

JerseyPearl, I’ve never seen a gecko in real life. I imagine it would be startling until you got used to it!

Hahaha! I was wondering if they were making any babies! They're beautiful! So you have chickens, roosters, bunnies, anything else? And I assume you are living not in a city?

Thank goodness for birth control. Despite the absence of ovaries and uterus, Maple frequently has that lovin’ feeling around Couscous.

We live in a village so, yes, quite pet friendly!

In addition to bunnies and chickens we also have a guinea pig, Licorice. We had 2 but lost one, Vanilla Bean, in early December. We were very sad but Licorice has really come out of her shell and is good friends with Couscous. Not so much with Maple, they’re both quite assertive.

Vanilla Bean and Licorice
7D6EF162-4843-4464-978D-AC225CA91D28.jpg

Another pic of Maple
032286C1-C044-4176-A066-A013E841A6D5.jpg

And Couscous
3D498DF9-225D-4057-B4A0-95FF7E1A0190.jpg

So cute! I didn't know they had mini Rex. I had a very similarly colored full size rabbit as a teen. Thank you for sharing.

I don’t know that there’s a big difference between a mini and regular Rex. My first Rex was supposed to be mini and she was quite big, but we bought her from a pet store rather than a breeder. Maple came from a breeder and is definitely smaller than Willow was but not hugely so.

I would like some chickens to, but Not-husband said no...because of my asthma and because we aren't ever home during the weekends half the year and never during the summervacation. He said it would be to difficult, and not nice to the poor chickens, to ship them to the summer cabin almost every friday night as we do with terror-kitten. Kitten likes to travel, she gets treats and possibly mice at the cabin. She caught 2 mice at home recently. Very good kitten ever though she smackes my pearls with her paw every time I try to arrange them on my pearl board. If I correct her she smackes harder....

Wise choice, Charlotta. You really need to be around to have chickens.

You are SO lucky to have a cat! We’d have at least one if I weren’t allergic to them : (. I thoroughly enjoy them from a distance..

Day 324:

Soufflé necklace from Pearl Paradise, metallic freshwater dangles from Kojima Pearl.

87E460C9-D615-471C-8D95-BEBC854CA73F.jpg

4B9AF60D-617E-4883-96A8-EA304BAEBC51.jpg

7C52BA12-453B-41D3-91D8-C2F3B7F01543.jpg

EE4AC57C-EA27-414A-A9D2-823A951A337C.jpg

image2 (2)

image4

Too warm in the cashmere so changed into a flannel shirt.
image2 (1) (1)

1C8F4A52-F659-4946-95CE-73DBA2EC7EA8.jpg

Love those pink soufflés. Amazing pearls. The green sweater picked up on those gorgeous green overtones. Yummy pearls.

Day 324:

Soufflé necklace from Pearl Paradise, metallic freshwater dangles from Kojima Pearl.

View attachment 65732

View attachment 65733

View attachment 65734

View attachment 65735

View attachment 65736

View attachment 65737

Too warm in the cashmere so changed into a flannel shirt.
View attachment 65738

View attachment 65739

Ooooooo, BN!!! That's the metallic soufflé that I love so much!!! It's soooo gorgeous! What is the mm size of the pearls? It looks so beautiful on you!

COUSCOUS! That is the most perfectly adorable photo of a bunny ever :) That might be my favorite cashmere sweater yet ... er, maybe except for that deep coral salmon one ... or maybe the oatmeal with the intricately knit V neck ... oh WAIT, the ribbon trimmed cardigans but which color ... er ... never mind. I give up. The pearls are lovely :)

i love your piggies, baby nurse. The first Christmas ex-husband and I were married, he surprised me with a Guinea Pig. She was so precious but so suspiciously fat. Yep, a couple of weeks later she had three piglets. Cutest babies ever. They just don't live nearly long enough.

Oh, what adorable creatures. Haha, a bunny is definitely something I'd have a soft spot for.

Back