White 7.0-8.0 mm Freshadama Set

Raisondetre

Don't know if it'll show up well. Pearls are so hard to photograph! I deleted so many before finding only two that weren't blurred.

Pearls001.jpg

Pearls002.jpg

I'm gonna give away the studs, so they go first. Others will follow assuming I can actually get it to show up right.

The photo is not bad. Do you have a macro setting on your digital. This is the setting with the flower.

Giving them away???? Non-pierced ears?

Impressive! :) The pinkish overtone appears quite clear and that isn't easy...

A common cause of blurred pictures is keeping the camera too close to the object. These ones are just hazy enough to look mysterious :cool:

Raisondetre said:
I'm gonna give away the studs, so they go first. Others will follow assuming I can actually get it to show up right.

Just a little advice for the future:

When ordering studs from PP, ask them to do them with clips or some other screwing device if You do not have pierced ears! Maybe just ask them if they could replace this very first pair with a "clips"-pair if You haven?t given them away yet!

Let us know how things are going....

P.S. Even for a person of Your size Freshadamas or other pearls of a larger size will look great, believe me! And the untreated freshwater from Jeremy are rather large (9 x 10 to even larger). D.S.

Cool. Good to know. I do owe my bestie a gift since the pendant I bought from China wasn't top quality. I just want her to have the best. I don't wear earrings usually, but I will ask for the clip-ons for my next set. Can't keep giving all of them away! She was ecstatic though.

Wore the necklace and bracelet out the whole day. Couldn't stop admiring it. Compared it again with the B & M. There were some freshwater clonks with good water, but were off-round and have a lesser luster. The clonks had very good orient and were very cheap for the quality. I'm just not big enough to pull it off, or I'd have bought somemore. I also saw some dyed freshwaters that were off round and perhaps in the 9-10 mm range, which was really too chunky for me. I'd opt for the 7-8 mm AAA set with my next order.

Surprisingly, it turned out better with the manual setting. I tried them all and these were the clearer pics. Or I'm just a klutz with the camera.

I think I finally got the hang of it towards the end. But I won't hog the forum with all of them so just the good ones will be shown here.

Pearls017.jpg

Pearls015.jpg

Pearls010.jpg

Best for last. It looks more ivory than rose in real life - I'm just wondering if that's more the result of having a red camera :).

Pearls022.jpg

Pearls019.jpg

Stunning!!!

Great job, gorgeous pearls and excellent photos! Keep up the good work, now let's see a photo of them on you, Raisondetre!!!:)

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

What a gorgeous set. Would love to see them on you.

Caitlin: I'm a freshie convert.

Oops! Sorry pattye. I borrowed your "pearly fun" line, if that's ok. It's just so cute! And you get all the credit.

I'm a bit camera-shy so just the bracelet on my hand for now.

Pearls023.jpg

Pearls026.jpg

Will have to find a way to show off the necklace without revealing all the lines on my neck. Sigh ...

Here goes ...

Pearls027.jpg

Pearls028.jpg

Not brave enough to show my face. I just don't post facial pics on the internet. There's probably only one floating around in a group but no personal pics. I'm paranoid.

Great pictures!

Raisondetre said:
Compared it again with the B & M. There were some freshwater clonks with good water, but were off-round and have a lesser luster. The clonks had very good orient and were very cheap for the quality.

This sounds quite interesting; by 'water' I'd understand that those pearls were a bit more translucent than most... something uncommon. Is this what you mean?

Yeah, I was quite surprised, because apart from the very good luster (not top-notch, but with good mirror effect) it looked almost as translucent as the freshadama. I attributed it to the larger size and more layers of nacre. Quite cheap - I'm guessing the necklaces were around 23" or longer (didn't ask) and it was at most US$40. But this was from a HK couple who have direct access to the freshwater pearls in China at native prices. I believe those weren't actually dyed, though there were some which were in the most exotic colors. Of course, the shape was definitely not round.

Now, before I plunge further in for the dyed freshwaters, I really need to ask Jeremy if he does clip-ons ...

Last edited:
Just a couple more. I think I'm addicted. They're just so pretty!

Pearls039.jpg

Pearls043.jpg

Pearls046.jpg

Well, they are beautiful and I love the way they compliment your skin tone. Wear them in the best of health!

Yes, I got the clip-ons. Boy they hurt. Still, looking like dew-drops I'd wear tape behind my ears to wear them. Not a good look, I know ... My hair will cover it.

Pearls136.jpg

Pearls143.jpg

Didn't want to start a new thread since it's also a set. My dyed 7-8 mm AAA freshwaters:

Pearls145.jpg

Pearls147.jpg

Pearls148.jpg

Not to be narcissistic, but this photo business is really fun!

Pearls163.jpg

Pearls164.jpg

Pearls165.jpg

Back