Where to buy in Asia Pacific

maryd

Hello all,

I am getting very excited. I leave tomorrow for a 2 week trip to Asia on business. I will be in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and Manila. I was wondering if there are places I must hit in these cities for pearls or other regional specialites?

I have been to Manila a couple of times so I will be scouting Greenhills but I have never been to Singapore or Kuala Lumpur.

Any traveler recommendations would be appreciated.

Mary

Hi Mary, hope you have a great trip.

Singapore and KL are not one of the main places to buy pearls.

Posting you a link to bead shops in Singapore so you can find bead\jewellery related supplies perhaps.

http://www.battra.org/category/beads/singapore-beads-stores/

Clarke Quay and Boat Quay in Singapore are great places to have meals.(You will find that eating and shopping are Singapore's two national sports)

If you like shell fish I recommend black pepper crab it's a specialty there.

I recommend the night safari at the Zoo.

Must go to Raffles (love Raffles).

KL is more rustic, there is China town - also known as Petaling street (knock off city, you can buy anything as long as you know it's fake)

The twin towers - also known as KLCC.

The Pavilion shopping centre.

Hope this helps, Bernadette.

Thanks Bernadette. Looking for beads and different clasps/bails is just as fun. Since I am ending my trip in Manila, I will get a pearl fix there.

I have been told I am going to have the black pepper crab while I am there. I am glad you also recommend it.

Back