what kind of pearl do i have?

ajsfishing

My grandmother left me her pearl ring and I have no clue about pearls. I would love to know what type of pearl it is and the value of the ring. I do know its real and it is on a 18k white gold band with 7 diamonds. Any help would be great!
Thanks

Attachments

• PEARLS 005
    PEARLS 005
    55.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMAG0250-1.jpg
    IMAG0250-1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMAG0249-1-1.jpg
    IMAG0249-1-1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMAG0246-1.jpg
    IMAG0246-1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0242-1.jpg
    IMAG0242-1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I am a complete NOVICE regarding pearls, but wanted to tell you that is one gorgeous ring. I love the shape! Hopefully someone will be along who can answer your question.

May we have a couple more pictures from the other side and the top in different lights? We need the size of the pearl preferably in millimeters, though it looks on the large side, unless that is a pinky ring. It s a beautiful ring and valuable, but I can't see it in detail at all.

I took a few more. I don't know if it will help, but I only have my phone to take the pic's with. But thanks for taking the time to check them out.

I found you!

I am inclined to agree with others here. It probably SS, the most valuable of cultured pearls, in a very pretty setting that bespeaks quality. Wear it with pride.

Thanks for the extra photos. It is always nice to record such beauty on these pages!

Value will vary according to the type of appraisal, insurance, auction, wholesale value.

When I want to check value, I generally check ebay. In this case I would put in "South Sea Pearl rings", when the list comes up, reset it. Hit the 'highest price with shipping, first'. That way you will skip most fakes, though the actual highest prices are absurd- like $15,000 for a pearl ring. so keep scrolling and tab the ones that look like yours with white gold and diamonds, then watch it to see if it sells and for what. Most of the time people pay about what the item is worth.

A lot of work if you are new to eBay, so maybe someone else can actually answer the value question.
Here you go. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?clk_rvr_id=346284641502&_nkw=South Sea pearl ring&_sop=16

Last edited:
thanks

thanks

I appreciate you taking the time to look at my picture's. My grandmother was a classy woman, she took pride in the things she had and usually paid a decent amount for all her things. I'm pretty sure she left me the pearl bc I would always tell her how pretty her pearls were, although this is the first time i saw the ring. And yes I will always wear it with pride and honestly its priceless to me. Once again thanks for all your help.
Amanda

Amanda, that ring is just stunning. That it also makes you think of your grandmother each time you wear it is very, very special. May you wear it in good health and happiness!

-Louise

Back