Tucson 2010

jas932

anyone going this year? anyone want to meet up for a cup of coffee? there's a little coffee/bagel shop a block from AGTA.

julie.

I'm arriving Tuesday and leaving Monday. I have an appointment Saturday morning.

Maybe Friday? Do you know the place I mentioned? It's a couple of blocks from the Arizona hotel.

julie.

Elisabeth Strack's Lecture is to be at 9AM Thursday Feb 4, 2010.

I expect the usual folks to be there. Who else is planning to come?

Jeremy is asking, "Who is interested in a Pearl Walk with him after the lecture?"

I will start a Tucson 2010 group. Let us know what you want to do over there.

I will be working at the GJX show (across the street from the Tucson Convention Center)
PACIFIC PEARLS / KOJIMA COMPANY
BOOTH #107
February 2nd - 7th 2010
I love strong coffee, chocolate and pearls!
Hope to see you all there, travel safe!
Sarah

Will be at AGA on the 3rd and then will make every effort to hear Strack?then see Sarah at Kojima before my real business forces me to run to appointments in Phoenix that afternoon. Very much regret not being able to stay for the Pearl Walk.

Halfway through The French Blue (juggling with treatises on Nautilus!), am absolutely captivated by Mr. Wise's presentation of this historical legend.

I suppose I won't be the only one to bring my volume in hopes of a quick autograph in the lobby?

Caitlin,
I have gone to your forum link to sign up for your group. Looking forward to seeing friends in Tucson. Just coming back from the Dominican Republic and looking forward to being in the US.

Jeremy,
I have never been able to go on a Pearl Walk before, so could you give me a little description of what we might be doing? I am assuming that it is a lot of camaraderie as well as anything else. I am looking forward to being able to talk in depth "pearlese" with other P-Gers. Thank you for doing this.

It's usually headed up by Caitlin as she is the resident Tucson expert. We just walk about visiting as many pearl wholesale booths as possible. You know, making the rounds and visiting the old guard - something I don't do according to the ToM book.

You know, making the rounds and visiting the old guard - something I don't do according to the ToM book.

Haha.... wish I could be there though!
School in Australia resumes the last week of January, so the first week of February is just impossible for me! When I was in California last week I kept thinking 'now why am I not here in a fortnights' time instead??'!

Over at Nautilus pearls I've mentioned having some rare specimens to share following Strack and prior to Pearl Walk (which I may or may not be able to join). Jeremy, Caitlin, Blaire or anyone else familiar with Tucson Convention Center facilities able to prearrange a proper meeting area where we can all have peek into my brown paper bags?

Creating Demand for Cultured Pearls

gft-banner.jpg

WEDNESDAY 1:00 ? 2:00 P.M.

Peter Bazar, Imperial Deltah for CPAA (Maricopa room)
Basic ? Intermediate. What does it takes to be a player and winner as a retailer in the very exciting arena of cultured pearls?
This session describes today?s landscape with regard to distribution of cultured pearls, sales of cultured pearls, including profit margins,
classifications of cultured pearls being successfully sold at retail, and tips for consumer profiling to develop further cultured pearl sales in your store

Come to Tucson and and catch the seminar

Back