These are pearls... I swear!

kojimapearl

Just thought I would share these amazing (and ofcourse dyed) Chinese fresh water pearls that Fuji brought home last night. We could barely contain ourselves!
The first photo of the "pair": They weigh 8.4 grams together!
About 25mm in length and 12.5mm "deep" at the nucleus.
The second photo of the lot. The largest pearl is nearly an inch and a quarter long! (and 13mm at the nucleus).
So these are quite some colorful monsters, and I couldn't help but share!
Cheers and pearly blessings!
Sarah

Attachments

• look what they've done now!.jpg
    look what they've done now!.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 57
  • look what they've done now 2.jpg
    look what they've done now 2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 57
Those are some more of the 'gosh.....stunning' variety. [scratch head, what on earth to do with them]
Once they manage to dispense with the tail/wings we are going to have some stupendous pearls in terms of lustre and size.

Amazing!

In the group photo, the one on the right of the first row looks like a dog looking to its left to me, which is the same pearl on the right in the first photo :D

DK :)

Taking this thread on a bit of a detour....I caught the end of the antiques roadshow last night and there was on a stunning brooch of a mermaid with curly tail and long long hair in 18ct gold, with the body as a single pearl. The pearl was perfect - there was a whole torso from derriere to knockers, albeit if she was a bit twisted up. I can't find a pic of the item but this is the link to the whole programme and it will be about 10-15 mins from the end, or a little less.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj2y

Goldfish were the first thing that came to my mind. They are very fun! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Rorschach pearls.

Back