Tahitians?

A Breaker

I thought I was confident in trying to buy Tahitians...now I am not sure...please give your opinion! Also...opinion of putting bead cups around the center pearl?
pearls.png

pattye

I am still having a problem. I love the pearls, there are sitting by my work station and I gaze at them....but I don't like them on me. I am getting some tiny rose gold beads to lengthen the strand and remove the problematic one. I also think I will either string it with light grey or pinkish to go with the rose gold. I don't think I have ever kept jewelry that I loved, but not on me...yet really love the pearls. I think they would look better on me longer..... but I also wonder if the problem is that I am really unhappy with my weight and it has nothing to do with the pearls...if that is the case, no amount of "fixing" pearls will make me happy with them on and I might just enjoy gazing at them. Thoughts??

If you don't love them on you and can return them - do it. The money can be used for pearls that you love to look at both on and off you. "Settling" in terms for pearls usually ends up being very expensive :) Because you buy something better. Don't try to fix what doesn't feel right to start with. If it's your weight, you will know if (returnable) pearls keeps not looking right on you and then maybe you can look for a bracelet or a ring or a pendant.

I bought and returned several strands of Tahitians before I finally found ones I liked.

And yes, they look way different on me than in the box.

Just a thought. If you really like the pearls and/or can't return them, what about repurposing them into a multistrand bracelet? You can go as wild as you like with the thread color, and you'll wear the piece where you can see it easily.

All great ideas!!! Such solid helpful advice. It is going to take figuring out what is really bothering me (could be the weight) and changing it (might take a bit, if it is the weight) before I decide. I do have another option of putting smaller making pearls to make it longer...but that won't fix the color or my weight...I will just gaze at it, until I figure it out.

Back