Tahitian?

A Breaker

They are on an Artisan 14k square bar, about 10mm and the color/luster gives me Tahitian vibes, but I don't know. Is it Tahitian or not? I am sorry they are so pixelated...my phone..sigh.
IMG_4114.jpg
IMG_4115.jpg

Thank you, somehow I thought Tahitians did NOT have a nucleus... but this is the only one that has a big enough drill hole to see the nucleus. I am pretty sure by the finer grit that it is Tahitian then. I have noticed that Saltwater Pearls have much finer grit than freshwater..... My Mikimotos, and Tahitians and the Akoyas.....in fact, a Saltwater pearl was sold to me as faux...because it is finer grit than freshwater...

Cultured saltwater pearls do have a bead nucleus inserted along with the bit of donor mantle tissue. This is generally true for cultured saltwater pearls, including Akoya pearls, Tahitians, South Sea pearls, Sea of Cortez pearls, Fijian pearls etc.

Why? Because roundness is such a highly valued quality in cultured pearls. It is the ideal. All other things being equal, a round pearl will sell for more money than a non-round pearl. Certainly non-round pearl shapes are very common among saltwater cultured pearls, but the farmer was trying to get a round pearl.

If an oyster that has had a bead implanted subsequently expels the bead, the resulting pearl is a keshi pearl.

Thank you so much! When I think about it, it makes the most sense. Not sure how I ever got the wrong idea, but thanks again!

Back