South Sea cultivating photo's

Dreamin_Sqaw

I am new here and requested my first post approval last night.

Today while searching for info on a strand that I have I came across this link:

http://www.stickboydaily.com/really...pearls/attachment/golden-south-sea-pearls-29/

My pearls appear to be this color to me which lead me to search the south sea pearl. I came upon this gallery page. I'm sure most of you have already seen this as you may have been involved with pearls in some way or another for a long time. I'm very new and lost on pearls. Mine were left to me and I am trying to learn about them, so trying to educate myself I am finding all kinds of sites that I never knew existed. To watch this photo gallery on the pearls really fascinated me I must say. I just wanted to share.

It's amazing to learn about new things, and I would never have given pearls a second thought had these not been left to me. I guess we continue to learn only what is in our lives daily that we are comfortable with. I never knew the beauty and the workmanship that went into pearls having never owned a single pearl in my life. Now, I can't find info fast enough. Needless to say, I have been swept away in an ocean of pearl education.

Thanks to all for taking the time to let me share.

Hello and welcome
They do look as if they are south sea pearls with a very rich gold colour. One of the diagnostic things to look for is the distinctive flaw (you can see it on the pearl middle at the bottom - it looks like a splat of water into a fine gooey mud or a bloop from one of those mud springs..)
Lots of info on pearls here, within the threads and from the home page, plus vendor websites also often carry lots of info if you're wnting to soak up knowledge
Might we see some photos of your pearls?

The gallery you linked to above shows the operations of Jewelmer, the leading producer of rare golden Palawan South Sea pearls (in the Philippines).

Those golden SSP's (South Sea Pearls) sell for hundreds of dollars for each pearl, strands of the quality shown in those pics are well into the tens of thousands.

The cultivation of these golden pearls is relatively recent enterprise. While Jewelmer was founded in 1979, it wasn't until about 1999 that their cultivation processes were fully developed and commercialized.

I was just about to say, its pretty unlikely you have a strand of dark golden South Sea pearls and not know what they are. Full strands of natural color pearls that dark aren't very common and do sell for 5 figures.

A picture would really help but my gut says you may have some dyed freshwater pearls.

thank you all. I don't believe that is what I have either. But I know nothing of pearls and google searching has shown me so many to look at. that is how I found that site. I just wanted to share the photo's because I found it so exciting. Just hoping to give back a lil...
thanks so much. I will load pic's for you to see tomorrow though.

After testing mine via info from others here on pearl-guide I know that what is have if faux. but I am truly impressed with the forums on this site. thanks to you all

Back