Rose Tahitian Pearls/value

M

msjdavies

I have a strand of tahitian pearls that are silver rose tones AA+, strand is 98 with 6 faceted deep amythst and crystal accents with a matching bracelet consisting of 20 silver rose tone pearls and 5 faceted amythyst. I have been told that they are somewhat valuable, real and vintage. Anyone have experience in getting a true valuation as I am skeptical of a valuation that is low, since I intend to sell them?

What do you mean by "strand is 98"? Does the strand have 98 pearls? What is the length? You mention the bracelet consists of 20 pearls - how long is the bracelet? The reason I am asking this is because - from the number of pearls and including the stones - they definitely do not sound like genuine Tahitian pearls. It sounds like you have small dyed pearls (likely freshwater - Akoyas are not typically mixed with stones). Small Tahitian pearl necklaces in a standard princess length contain approximately 45 pearls (occasionally 47).
How have you determined the strand is vintage?

Last edited:
the pearls belonged to my daughter-in-laws grandmother, they were restrung into an original design that includes the amythyst from another piece of jewelry that grandmother possessed. The deep color of the amythyst accents the rose shade of the pearls. I am no expert and do not have any idea of size, but they are small, not exactly the same, but very well matched; they are attractive. The overall length is approx 22 inches, the bracelet is 7 1/4 or so. The necklace is designed similar to a chokechain, it is worn as a choker and falls down the back, obviously to be worn with a back baring dress. One end of the strand has a large circle of platinum that the other ends slips through..does that make sense? I have only ever seen one piece similar and that was in a display with the traveling Smithsonian. I intend to have it appraised for my daughter-in-law, but am always suspicious of appraisers who also buy.

The pieces definitely do not sound like they are composed of Tahitian pearls, so a lot of the value would be determined by the type and quality of pearls involved. Are you able to scan a picture and post it on this forum? You may also email it to me if you prefer. With a picture we should be able to give you a good idea of value.

Tahitian?

Tahitian?

I have resent, had email address wrong

Tahitian

Tahitian

I am going to send from a different address.......

Another Question

Another Question

I have just sent you another email, please check.

Back