Real or Fake

MiracelJack

I was giving the suggestion to post on this website. There is no where around me to find the answer whether my pearls are real or fake, so I was hoping someone would be able to maybe help me out. Hopefully you can, although I know it may be difficult through a picture. Thank you for any advice given, thank you for your time.

Attachments

• 101_0982.jpg
    101_0982.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 57
Hello and welcome,

Although your photo is rather out of focus, the irregular shape and color of cultured freshwater pearls is evident. Yes, they are real pearls. Probably is the natural color, too, but difficult to tell from the photo. Is this a bracelet or necklace?

Hi Jack,

Behind your question might also be the thought "Are these pearls worth anything?" These days a pearl being real and not manmade does not necessarily mean that it has a value of more than a few $. So you might want to elaborate a bit about what you really want to know :)

- Karin

Bracelet. I recieved hem as a gift over 8 years ago. My uncle bought them in Germany. I have attached a clearer photo. And I was wanting to know if they were real more then anything. Worth is nice, but real or fake was more my question. Thank you!

Attachments

• 101_0983.jpg
    101_0983.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 66
There really isn't much value to them, but they are indeed real!

I want to have them made into a necklace i think. I love them.

Thank you everyone for you help and knowledge.

Back