Postman Arrived......

S

Susan

....with my baroque Tahitian necklace.

Attached is a photo of a very smug 46 year old woman with dirty hair and no make up wearing her new pearls.... oh and some clothes thankfully. Thank you Amanda I love them they go perfectly with grey blue eyes and can be dressed up and down with ease. Now lets have a look at the Freshadamas and the silver Tahitians with aqua overtones.

Susan - even more hooked than ever.

p.s The earrings are from a car boot sale. They are set in 18ct white gold so I'm choosing to believe they are real. Cost? - well around 40 of your dollars so who cares. They match as far as I'm concerned and that will do.

Attachments

• pearls tahitian.JPG
    pearls tahitian.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 50
  • earrings.jpg
    earrings.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by a moderator:
WOW Susan, Those look terrific! Not sure, but they look like multi-color? And a super size. Nobody will be able to ignore you when you are wearing those!

Pattye

They look wonderful on you and you wear them very well!

I think I might be wearing them every single day for quite a while!

They are dark body colour with peacock overtones but they glow silver and grey in the sunlight.

I need (well would like) a bracelet to match - anyone stock any (baroque) with or without a white gold toggle clasp?

Hi Susan,

That is a rather nice strand indeed, it looks just right on you. Welcome to the Club of Pearl Addicts.

Zeide

it looks just right on you

Even at 90 degrees to the perpendicular?

Try this pic the right way up.

Do the earrings look real to you Zeide?

Susan

Attachments

• pearls tahitian crop.jpg
    pearls tahitian crop.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 59
Hi Susan,

That looks so upright. The strand still seems comfy. It does not have the "must-go-clubbing" edge of the truly green peacocks nor the "off to the opera" aire of the almost black and perfectly matched strands.

Your earrings seem to be dropsy off-round and on the darker end of medium grey with mauve overtones. As such, they look like regular pinctada margaritifera cultured pearls. Of course they could also be shell pearls but those cost more in dropsy shapes than Cook Island cultured pearls and are usually in more "desirable" colors. I happen to like the "unpopular" shades, especially in the mauve range. At US$40 or GBP 22 you only paid for the 18k gold, so what the heck?

Zeide

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice necklace! Very spiffy, But I had a hard time telling you were wearing earrings. Picture a bit fuzzy...

Cheers
Ash

Ash, there is a picture of the earrings (unfuzzy) attached to my original post.

What's spiffy?

Susan

"Spiffy" is American slang for well-dressed, smart-looking, dapper. Definitely a compliment!

Laura

Back