Pearl Guru's & Experts-Help Please

I Khan

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to the forum,though have been visiting as a guest for sometime.

I need advice, help, tips from all you wonderful knowledgeable people. I am off to Bali & Bangkok in April and since I know both have pearl farming, I have been drooling in anticipation of finding a treasure :)

I was wondering if anyone can guide me on where to buy and what to look for and what to look out for. Or should I just forget it and not make the effort since I dont have any idea about the quality available in either of the two places, and I'm certainly no expert on pearls, just a pearl lover.

Any help and advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Visit Atlas in Bali!

Pertokoan Sanur Raya No. 18-19
Jalan Bypass Ngurah Rai, Sanur
Denpasar Selatan 80227
Bali, Indonesia
Telephone: +62 361 284455
Facsimile: +62 361 284454
info@atlassouthseapearl.com

Stay away from pearls (and gems in general) in Bangkok if you are not sure about what you are buying.

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you this info will definately help. I wasnt keen on buying gems or pearls from Bangkok, due to obvious reasons, unless I got a reliable reference from here, so I'll stick to crafts in Bangkok and check out Bali for pearls.

Any idea on the price range, and these would be South Sea pearls, right? (Sorry for sounding like a confused dodo, :) but I'm pretty new to the world of pearls. I think I should spend more time on the forum to get relevant knowledge.)

I'm looking forward to checking out Atlas. Have you heard anything about this company The Bali Pearl? I found them on the net, this is the contact info from their website:
Kompleks Ruko Simpang Dewa Ruci Block 6 |
Jl. Bypass Ngurah Rai - Kuta |
BALI 80361 INDONESIA

phone +62 361 765656 fax +62 361 767450 Jakarta +62 21 7220377 / 7246231 info@thebalipearl.com

Thanks and regards

Back