Pearl Fashion Article - June is the Queen of Gems month

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
I just happened to come upon this article by Katerina Perez and I think it has good fashion information and great photographs!
Margot_Robbie_Assael_necklace.jpg

Please read the article HERE

The title of the article threw me for a loop -

Pearl Paradise: Fresh Perspectives on the Reigning June Birthstone​

How can it not be intentional? In any case, Jeremy that was a brilliant choice of name!

I have a beef with gold on gold that has come up in a couple other threads.

Melanie Georgacopoulos, known for her daring pearl-centric creations…says: “I have a special love currently for golden South Sea pearls, their incredible colour is so alluring and pairs beautifully with yellow gold.”

To my eyes, "pairs" should be replaced by "disappears." Below looks like a coat hook I would nail in my closet.

P.S. My avatar ring notwithstanding.

Melanie_Georgacopoulos_gold_pearl_ring.jpg

The title of the article threw me for a loop -

Pearl Paradise: Fresh Perspectives on the Reigning June Birthstone​

Yes, I saw the same!

How can it not be intentional? In any case, Jeremy that was a brilliant choice of name!

I have a beef with gold on gold that has come up in a couple other threads.

To my eyes, "pairs" should be replaced by "disappears." Below looks like a coat hook I would nail in my closet.

P.S. My avatar ring notwithstanding.
You made me lol, Steve! This is truly a terrible photo! (Not a ring I'd wear either.) Surely it doesn't do the pearl justice; I have an inexpensive bracelet with golden mop plaques that are beautiful!

You made me lol, Steve! This is truly a terrible photo! (Not a ring I'd wear either.) Surely it doesn't do the pearl justice; I have an inexpensive bracelet with golden mop plaques that are beautiful!
That piece made my argument--couldn't resist!

I case anybody is interested in another article...not as interesting as the previous one and in ISUU format (which tries to emulate a flipping magazine) and with not as amazing photos, but some interesting pearl jewelry styles, please head over to this link - PEARLS OF WISDOM.
Flip to pages 60 to 66.

Screenshot_26-6-2024_153038_issuu.com.jpeg

It's interesting to me that in the above article, it is not mentioned that Kenneth Jay Lane's necklaces made for Barbara Bush and Jackie Kennedy were imitations. That is quite an omission!
How has KJL gotten away with using the word PEARL without quotes or qualifier? Cultura gets slipped in here and there, very clever.

In another thread I resurrected Balinese "pearls" infused with black magic from the Nagasari tree. Note the quotes!

How has KJL gotten away with using the word PEARL without quotes or qualifier? Cultura gets slipped in here and there, very clever.

In another thread I resurrected Balinese "pearls" infused with black magic from the Nagasari tree. Note the quotes!
I saw that! 😂

It's interesting to me that in the above article, it is not mentioned that Kenneth Jay Lane's necklaces made for Barbara Bush and Jackie Kennedy were imitations. That is quite an omission!
My thoughts, too, but I adored Kenneth so I am biased.

Back