Mikeyy

Pearl Diver
These are not great pics. But I am going to post them anyway

panda2.jpg

panda4.jpg

panda5.jpg

pandai.jpg

panda3.jpg

Very nice... now why didn't I stay at the fair the extra day to go shopping for more GSS?

Mike your pearls are beautiful! And the pandas look happy to be wearing them.

Mikeyy IT'S GORGEOUS! I LOVE IT! What you don't know about me is, right behind pearls for me -- is JADE! Can't go near your house! I'd be arrested! I just love it! Thanks so much for the special treat!

bears

bears

Mikeyy,
The bears are precious, but the pearls...well, I just want to reach out and touch them, especially the close-up picture.

Mikeyy IT'S GORGEOUS! I LOVE IT! What you don't know about me is, right behind pearls for me -- is JADE! Can't go near your house! I'd be arrested! I just love it! Thanks so much for the special treat!
You are welcome. I fell in love with that piece of jade. I bought it years ago in Taiwan. Try sneaking something that heavy on in a carry on without looking like your about to fall over.:D Thought you'd like it. Oh yeah, And those pearls are too big for pandas. I guess I'll have to hang some Akoyas on it next time.

Mike,

If you decide to eBay the shell "pearls" you referred to on the other thread, you could use this sculpture to show off the strands!

Mikeyy,

Did you open a B&M? Some lovely pearls there! And excuse me, Knotty P, I was loving jade long before you were born---------;) Amazing carving on that piece, wonder how long it took????

Mikeyy,

Did you open a B&M? Some lovely pearls there! And excuse me, Knotty P, I was loving jade long before you were born---------;) Amazing carving on that piece, wonder how long it took????
Things like that carving will probably get harder to get as China and others grow in to middle class countries. Something like this takes much time and cheap labor. Unless carved by an "Artist" and charged for with that idea. Although beautiful this is and was made as a commercial product. But the person that did it probably made very little money after long hours of work.

The pearls look great, Mike! I like the photograph concept with using jade statuettes to show off the pearls... we have a 150-year-old (or so I was told) carved wooden Kwan-Yin here at the store who never takes her pearls off!

Thanks Eric, And thanks for all your work. :) Anandia does a good job. Very professional and helpful. Check them out if your in Newport Beach. And they have some beautiful pearls. Nicer then mine.

Last edited:
Mikeyy,

No I haven't. I am still learning from you all. And traveling. Sometime I'll come up with a plan for sales. My problem is I kind of like what I've been acquiring. Not anxious enough to sell them. Still buying. :D

Buying pearls is really easy. It is selling them which is tricky!
Can't speak to the second part. But buying is the fun part. It's not all that easy though. Maybe when I hit the saturation point you can explain how I do the second part.:p

Back