Old Pearls....any info would be appreciated

nick&kara

Hello, I am new here and simply love this site! I have always loved collecting vintage jewelry, but I don't know much about pearls. I recently came across this necklace. It is a single strand with no closure. It is 29" long, and the pearls seem to be approximately 9mm. They have some interesting color variances - I can see a lot of green and pink and maybe some blue. To me they look baroque shape, but I am far from knowing...... I did test them on my teeth (sorry to say) and they are gritty like real pearls. When I look with my loop I find no flaking, etc. The necklace weighs 67g.

Any opinion or info is greatly appreciated. I have included some photos. Thank you! IMG_2218.jpgIMG_2219.jpgIMG_2223.jpg

looks like baroque Akoya pearls to me , anymore information about where the strand came from?

not really any info, except that i live in Pennsylvania and I found this mixed in a pile of costume jewelry from an estate.

Great find! I have a long strand of the same pearls and I love wearing them because I can look down and SEE them! Enjoy. :)

Back