New arrival SSP should I keep?

As promised, posting two necklaces I ordered from Pearl Source. Championed color oval-drop GSSP 12-14mm, WSSP 10-12mm oval-drop.

Customer service: I think they definitely up their game. Once I ordered. I emailed them about my preference of pink overtone, though not promised they indeed helped me find the higher luster pink overtone strands. I really appreciate that effort!

-GSSP: surprised of the luster( is this AAA luster from your eyes); Color is very consistent and surface is clean(15% minor blemish). Size wise all pearls are actually average 12mm, bigger and more consistent than I thought. All of these aspects exceeded my expectations after saw quite some neg review here. But this is not drop or oval shape right? I think it’s possible SB, semi-baroque?

- WSSP: besides the pink overtone, I’m not wow by it.

Anyway, because they use the stock picture so you cannot know what exactly you are getting. Business efficiency for them but bit puzzled for customers.

Am I getting the cheaper baroque strand or oval-drop shaped which has a $1000 difference? But the size is definitely bigger, matching the higher price tag.

I’m just not super big fan of baraque shape :( should I keep?

Attachments

• IMG_4705.jpeg
    IMG_4705.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4702.jpeg
    IMG_4702.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4703.jpeg
    IMG_4703.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
I really think that one should feel something like a "Wow!" factor when buying anything: a phone, laptop or jewelry. If you don't get this...well, its a very tepid "Meh!" and I would rather not spend my hard-earned money on it.
Stock photos are also not my thing, especially if you are buying baroque pearls...I mean: if you are buying a "standardized" Akoya pearl necklace, then you can say...well, yes!
Finally: you are clearly stating that baroques are "not your thing"...so, this to me means: You are simply unconvinced.

Wait it out...check with other vendors...many will give you real product photos and will even compare different necklaces for you, wear them so you can kind of gauge what you need or want.

I agree-- I want to be wowed. If you keep a strand that doesn't wow you, that will end up being the strand you later replace with something better.
And that is just wasting money, in my opinion.
I suggest you keep looking, and definitely get photos of the actual strand you are considering buying.

Do you find champagne color flattering on your skin?

To answer your question about the GSSP "is this AAA luster from your eyes" -- To me, yes.

I agree with CortezPearls and Pearl Dreams. It's easy to keep them right now, but one day when you are wearing them and still feel the debate in your head, it won't be easy to sell them without a big discount.

Back