my small collection :)

Kaywal

I'm home sick with a cold, so I thought I'd photograph my small collection. (I had so much fun taking photos of my new strand--I can't stop!)

Valeria, I tried the imageshack site, but it was not showing up well on Firefox. I use a mac, and I often have trouble with certain sites. When my head is not so cloudy, I'll try again.:)

I've only recently started collecting, so I only have a few pieces. I've enjoyed looking at all the pearls posted on this site. Everyone has such beautiful pearls!

First photos are of my new Freshadama strand next to the Akoya strand my parents gave me.

Attachments

• pearl11.jpg
    pearl11.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 48
  • pearl66.jpg
    pearl66.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 47
These are the bracelets.

AAA freshwater 6-7mm

Baroque akoya 7mm

Freshwater baroque 10-12mm

Freshwater keshi 7ish to 10ishmm (I added a closeup of this one--tried to capture the orient--so hard to capture!)

Attachments

• pearl22.jpg
    pearl22.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 55
  • pearl33.jpg
    pearl33.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 56
  • pearl88.jpg
    pearl88.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 62
And the earrings.

Freshadamas 7-8mm

Freshwater baroques 10mm

Baroque akoyas 7mm

Freshwater keshis 7-10mm

Thanks for letting me share!

Kay:)

Attachments

• pearl77.jpg
    pearl77.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 67
Dear Kaywal:
Your pearls are lovely. Did you make your own earrings or have them done? They are very nice. I love that you have earrings to match all your pearls.

barbie

Hi Kaywal,

I agree with Barbie, it is a lovely collection! Some more formal, some more casual. A variety of colors also. Truly a classic group you can wear all your life and they won't go out of style. Great job with the photos too!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

p.s. Feel better soon!

Hi Kaywal,

I agree with Barbie, it is a lovely collection! Some more formal, some more casual. A variety of colors also. Truly a classic group you can wear all your life and they won't go out of style. Great job with the photos too!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

p.s. Feel better soon!

Hi Kay,

hope you are feeling better by now and I second what Pattye says.
The luster on the Freshadamas is better than on your Akoyas, have you noticed?

I'm feeling much better. Thank you!

Jerin--I have noticed that the Freshadamas have more luster. This thrills me to no end, because I prefer the solid nacre.:) The Akoyas are also more blemished.

Wendy--the Keshis are not knotted. I'm really getting into these! The bracelet was an inexpensive experimental purchase. I'm pleased with the orient--can't really see it in the photos, and I love the delicate shape, but I'd love to get some larger bolder Keshis! Have you posted some on this forum? I'd love to see!

Thanks ladies!

p

p

Hi Kay,

The Freshadama is gorgeous with very distinguished overtone. That was a worthy acquisition. :) The akoya pales in comparison even at a distance (1st picture).

Hi Kay
I just got some lovely multi quite big keishis in..I can't do anything with them for a while as I am stuck doing some intensive teaching work for the next few weeks
Does anyone know if there is a reason why this shape of keishi should not be knotted - does it squiggle better (like the top drilled elliptical pearls, which just dangle there if you knot between each one)
Think of it, many pearls, no can do. It is not good....

Picked up another freshwater bracelet. I have a bit of a thing for bracelets. I like to be able to see the pearls!:)

These are untreated pink ovals--well sort of oval. The matching isn't perfect, but I like that they're all a little different. They range from 6ish to 9ishmm. Some of them have nice luster, and most of them exhibit lovely orient.

The last picture is of the bracelet next to pink overtone freshadamas. I love having a such a nice strand to compare others!

Attachments

• freshwaterovals.jpg
    freshwaterovals.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 57
  • freshwater11.jpg
    freshwater11.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 62
  • freshwaterswithfreshas.jpg
    freshwaterswithfreshas.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 55
Hi Kay
I just got some lovely multi quite big keishis in..I can't do anything with them for a while as I am stuck doing some intensive teaching work for the next few weeks
Does anyone know if there is a reason why this shape of keishi should not be knotted - does it squiggle better (like the top drilled elliptical pearls, which just dangle there if you knot between each one)
Think of it, many pearls, no can do. It is not good....

I've read that Keshis have odd shaped drill holes depending on each pearl, so some knots may slip through. I'm not a beader, though I'd love to learn. :)

Hi Kay,

I have a keishi necklace which is knotted and it sometimes happens that some of the keshis "rise" upon the neck but I think that might happen with unknotted keshis too, probably the risk is greater when knotted, I think.

As I bought my necklace finished, I have no experience with smaller or larger/different holes, so you just go ahead and learn to knot, you?ll see it is great fun with every kind of pearls and your are getting a little collection right now that will make it necessary to do your restringing by yourself. Y ou mention the matching of the oval pearls in your bracelet. Once you can string, you can match those pearls after your own notions, that too is great fun to do!

Back