My first pearls for my ten year wedding anniversary

pennyc

Hello

I am new to the world of pearls. It is my ten year anniversary soon and I would love a strand of pearls. I started doing some research and I can totally understand why you all love them so much. They really do seem to have a life of their own. I love reading that they improve with wearing!

However I am confused. We have a relatively small budget ($500-$800) I was heading towards south sea pearls but I doubt we can afford a strand of good quality ones ( I dont mind the drop shape but would rather not have baroque)

I then looked at Akoya which seems to be the strand of pearls most people get first up.

Any help or advice on where to shop or what to look for appreciated.

Hi pennyc,

Welcome to P-G! This is a great site for pearl information.

South Sea pearls are quite pricey, well above the budget you have set. But there are lovely Akoya or top quality cultured freshwater strands and sets within your budget.

Check out PearlParadise.com or one of the other vendors who post here. I have bought multiple times from PP and can vouch for their quality and service. Give them a call for any customizing-- they are very helpful!

One word of advice: As this is a special occasion, get the best quality and the largest pearls you can within your budget. It's funny how we want larger and larger pearls as time goes on! :D

Back