Mother's Day haul

cyndayco

I picked up three pieces from the Mother's Day sales. (I really should stay offline on the month of May.)

The first is a lavender fireball, although lavender is just one of the many hues in this color-shifting pearl. When I saw it, I knew I had to have it. It's now my favorite pendant.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here it is next to a metallic FWP necklace from PP. The two make a great layered look.

The second is a strand of Japanese akoyas from PP. Originally, I had my heart set on Vietnamese akoyas, but I was already over my budget, so I thought I'd settle for the Japanese variety. It turns out I wasn't settling at all. They are gorgeous! And with my opal and diamond enhancer, spectacular!

IRL, the blue and pink orient are on full display, but I just can't capture them in photos.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I recognized that drop pendant immediately - I'm so happy you will be enjoying it. The akoyas are super-lustrous. And a metallic ripple strand on the way - I would say it definitely is a haul, but Mothers are special! Good for you. :)

Your pendant is gorgeous! It looks like a luscious lavender pear. The opal is beautiful with the Japanese akoya! And your metallic drops are so pretty.

Wear all your new pieces in good health!

Last edited:
All lovely ... and that Opal enhancer is stunning !

Oooh, that opal enhancer is singing to me, too.

And I love the gold snake chain the pendant is on - it has a lovely weight and presence to it that seems well balanced with the pendant. Wooo sales!

Wow - you sure did some exceptional Mother's Day shopping! Your new pearl treasures are gorgeous and they obviously go with many items you already have. Congratulations!

My ripples are here! I bought them unstrung and worked on them as soon as they arrived. I added gold-tone spacers and yellow-gold freshwater pearls between the largest ripples.

The funny thing is that IRL, the strand has a pale but strong gold color. But in photos, the pink and mauve overtones overwhelm the gold. Talk about color shifting!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2360.jpg Views:	1 Size:	11.9 KB ID:	355974Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2362.jpg Views:	1 Size:	25.1 KB ID:	355975Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2364.jpg Views:	1 Size:	20.6 KB ID:	355976

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job on stringing your ripples! I love the clasp too.

Gorgeous pearls! Thank you so much for the photos, and enjoy wearing your new pretties!

Back