More Fake Tridacna - Gigantic Pearls

Al3 Max

Hello to everyone.

Any idea what to do with those two pearls? earrings for the sphinx of Egypt!!!

Tridactna Maxima 64cmx34cmx19cm - 39,51 Kilograms - 197,550 carats
Tridactna Gigas 36cmx36cmx22cm - 21.39 Kilograms - 106.950 carats

Where I can sell those Pears?

pearl 1.pngPearl 2.png

These aren't pearls. They are pieces of shell. They don't really have any value.
thanks God I have analysis and certificate, is definitely not the shall: I have Carbon 14 analysis,

here a similar pearl with value: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giga_Pearl

here GIA explaining how this pearls are formed

How is a non-nacreous pearl produced?
A non-nacreous pearl is also produced essentially in the same way as a nacreous pearl, and is the end result of a defensive response to an irritant, such as a parasite or a foreign object. The only difference is that the species of Mollusk that produces the pearl does not secrete the iridescent nacre characteristic of nacreous pearls, but instead a substance that is chemically identical to nacre, consisting of a mixture of aragonite and calcite, which are crystalline forms of calcium carbonate, and the scleroprotein conchiolin, and the biopolymers chitin and lustrin. Unlike in nacre, aragonite does not form hexagonal platelets with the required thickness comparable to the wavelength of visible light. Instead in non-nacreous pearls aragonite is deposited as needles which do not cause the scattering of light as the hexagonal platelets. Thus the organic-inorganic material that produces the pearl is not iridescent, but still has the lustre of porcelain and is said to be porcelaneous. Unlike Bivalve mollusks that produce nacreous pearls, the interior of the giant clam Tridacna Gigas and Maximas does not have the “mother of pearl” or nacre. Instead the inner shell layer is porcelaneous. Hence pearls produced by the giant clam are also porcelaneous, having the matte appearance of porcelain, lacking any iridescent effects. Given the enormous sizes of giant clams nonnacreous pearls could grow to extraordinary sizes within the clams, like the “Pearl of Allah.” Other species of Mollusks that produce nonnacreous pearls are the queen conch sea snail of the Caribbean, the horse conch Pleurocopa gigantea, the Melo-melo shell found in the seas around China, Thailand and Vietnam, and the North Atlantic clam Mercienaria. On the gemological concept of pearls. It is non-nacreous, meaning it has no nacre layers and orient. It is a mass of calcium carbonate that is more like porcelain. It is obviously an oddity, but not a rarity when related to gem quality pearl value. According to National Geographic these giant clams can live 2000+ years. If you endure the time it takes normal oysters to coat nacre on a pearl, even these non- nacreous giant clams could take the better part of 2000 years to create this “pearl”. Given the size of the pearl formation, and that it is clearly in the shape of the clam shell itself, it is entirely possible that this clam started work on this pearl much before the time the Titanic sank on April 1912. No way to know for sure, but the time line is possibly based on all Factors being equal. Both the Pearl of Lao Tzu (also known as Pearl of Allah) and this claimed formation came from giant clam off the coast of Palawan in Philippines in 1934 and were gifted to Wilburn Cobb in 1939 by the Chief of the current title holder for the largest natural giant clam pearl which was the 6.1 Kilo Pearl of Lao Tzu, discovered in Palawan waters. The pearl, found in 1934, was most recently valued at $93 million in 2003 by a Colorado-based gemologist and is certified non-nacreous, With the discovery of this precious gem “The Pearl of the Orient Seas” Alpha 4 in May 2008, It’s value is undeclared on the world market. The beauty, weight and shape declares the radiance and mystery that may surround this pearl, but regardless of its history, there can be no doubt that this magnificent pearl is a rare beauty, and undeniably one of the largest natural pearl known as of now. The previous record holder of this type of “pearl” is in the “Ripley’s Believe It or Not” in New York, which has to say something regarding the claimed value of USD $100,000,000.00.

thanks God I have analysis and certificate, is definitely not the shall: I have Carbon 14 analysis,

here a similar pearl with value: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giga_Pearl

here GIA explaining how this pearls are formed

How is a non-nacreous pearl produced? A non-nacreous pearl is also produced essentially in the same way as a nacreous pearl, and is the end result of a defensive response to an irritant, such as a parasite or a foreign object. The only difference is that the species of Mollusk that produces the pearl does not secrete the iridescent nacre characteristic of nacreous pearls, but instead a substance that is chemically identical to nacre, consisting of a mixture of aragonite and calcite, which are crystalline forms of calcium carbonate, and the scleroprotein conchiolin, and the biopolymers chitin and lustrin. Unlike in nacre, aragonite does not form hexagonal platelets with the required thickness comparable to the wavelength of visible light. Instead in non-nacreous pearls aragonite is deposited as needles which do not cause the scattering of light as the hexagonal platelets. Thus the organic-inorganic material that produces the pearl is not iridescent, but still has the lustre of porcelain and is said to be porcelaneous. Unlike Bivalve mollusks that produce nacreous pearls, the interior of the giant clam Tridacna Gigas and Maximas does not have the “mother of pearl” or nacre. Instead the inner shell layer is porcelaneous. Hence pearls produced by the giant clam are also porcelaneous, having the matte appearance of porcelain, lacking any iridescent effects. Given the enormous sizes of giant clams nonnacreous pearls could grow to extraordinary sizes within the clams, like the “Pearl of Allah.” Other species of Mollusks that produce nonnacreous pearls are the queen conch sea snail of the Caribbean, the horse conch Pleurocopa gigantea, the Melo-melo shell found in the seas around China, Thailand and Vietnam, and the North Atlantic clam Mercienaria. On the gemological concept of pearls. It is non-nacreous, meaning it has no nacre layers and orient. It is a mass of calcium carbonate that is more like porcelain. It is obviously an oddity, but not a rarity when related to gem quality pearl value. According to National Geographic these giant clams can live 2000+ years. If you endure the time it takes normal oysters to coat nacre on a pearl, even these non- nacreous giant clams could take the better part of 2000 years to create this “pearl”. Given the size of the pearl formation, and that it is clearly in the shape of the clam shell itself, it is entirely possible that this clam started work on this pearl much before the time the Titanic sank on April 1912. No way to know for sure, but the time line is possibly based on all Factors being equal. Both the Pearl of Lao Tzu (also known as Pearl of Allah) and this claimed formation came from giant clam off the coast of Palawan in Philippines in 1934 and were gifted to Wilburn Cobb in 1939 by the Chief of the current title holder for the largest natural giant clam pearl which was the 6.1 Kilo Pearl of Lao Tzu, discovered in Palawan waters. The pearl, found in 1934, was most recently valued at $93 million in 2003 by a Colorado-based gemologist and is certified non-nacreous, With the discovery of this precious gem “The Pearl of the Orient Seas” Alpha 4 in May 2008, It’s value is undeclared on the world market. The beauty, weight and shape declares the radiance and mystery that may surround this pearl, but regardless of its history, there can be no doubt that this magnificent pearl is a rare beauty, and undeniably one of the largest natural pearl known as of now. The previous record holder of this type of “pearl” is in the “Ripley’s Believe It or Not” in New York, which has to say something regarding the claimed value of USD $100,000,000.00.
Yes, sorry that you don't get it...but if you ever studied Marine Biology...just a simple glance would tell you: that is polished Tridacna gigas shell. No more...and no less...
No matter what so-called "certificates" they throw at you, nor a GIA link will change that fact.

Yes, sorry that you don't get it...but if you ever studied Marine Biology...just a simple glance would tell you: that is polished Tridacna gigas shell. No more...and no less...
No matter what so-called "certificates" they throw at you, nor a GIA link will change that fact.
please look at the thickness: the biggest shell has 30 cm thickness, my shell has 34 and spiral stripes... so should be the biggest shell in the world more than 34 since should be polished ... finally more than 37cm thickness... fake on the biggest shell of the world with spiral stripe,

Last edited:
please look at the thickness: the biggest shell has 30 cm thickness, my shell has 34 and spiral stripes... so should be the biggest shell in the world more than 34 since should be polished ... finally more than 37cm thickness... fake on the biggest shell of the world with spiral stripe,
I have a couple of "spirals" around my belly...will that make me a pearl? Maybe the biggest pearl the world has seen! LOL
Dude: you have some giant clam shells...that´s all!

Here the poster is claiming he has shells and his thread title is "More Fake Tridacna", despite the pearl premise. What are we being subjected to? IMO the poster is pulling our collective leg, having come across the effective and prominent debunking that has taken place here over the years. No need for more!

Here the poster is claiming he has shells and his thread title is "More Fake Tridacna", despite the pearl premise. What are we being subjected to? IMO the poster is pulling our collective leg, having come across the effective and prominent debunking that has taken place here over the years. No need for more!
I actually changed the title...could not have it up as it was, this being a total hoax.

Good to know, changes the tone. Would it be worthwhile disclosing the original title here? If it was up long before changing I missed it.
I actually kept it as part of the new title. It was "Gigantic Pearls"

Back