large baroques for Jewellery

• Thread starter Satine De La Courcel
  • Start date
S

Satine De La Courcel

Hi Everyone,

I have been contacted by a friend about a pearl source for "large odd shaped baroques". She is looking to add to her metalsmithing tallents and would like to do some reproductions of 16th Century Pendants and other pieces. I hope to help point her in the right direction. Thanks in advance for all your help and suggestions.

Wow, fabulous pieces. I like the merman! Amazing. If she i trying to match these, she might be better off with reborn or keishi pearls, they have the oddest shapes I've seen. Only the left and right ones on the man look like todays baroque pearls to me. I'm not sure where to point her for individual odd shapes. I have some, and I'm sure there are a lot out there, just not sure where to look. Knowing size and general color palette would help as well. Thanks for sharing these. I keep going back to that merman. What detail.

Some very familiar pieces I see there :)

I would recommend looking out for large free-form Freshwater Baroque pearls- very highly iridescent and super-lustrous!

I just bought a chick-shaped baroque from HugePearls on eBay, have not received it yet, however, communication is good so far, and prices appears to be reasonable.

Other eBay sellers I have purchased from in the past, or recommended to me via PGers when I requested for info on large baroques for pendants recently are:

Agustus-Collection
Pacific Pearls International
Pearl Society
Pearls Jewelry Store
Tahitian Pearl Jewellery

Also recommended to me is Kojima Pearl

That's all I can think of so far :)

DK :)

By the way, would your friend consider taking on custom work, as I am looking for someone to make my pearl into a pendant?

By the way, would your friend consider taking on custom work, as I am looking for someone to make my pearl into a pendant?

Hi DK,

I will be happy to ask! Thank you for the reference list as well.

Ashley,

Thank you, for the description of pearls to look for. Had not thought of that.

Waimeamomi,

I love that piece as well. Those kinds of pendants are so much fun to view!

cheers
Ash

Hi everyone,

I am sorry for the dissapearing. Live has had me with much travel and a family situation that has kept me hopping for the last little while. Dad is in the begining stages of his recovery from having his lumbar vertibrae 1-5 worked on. Which is VERY big back surgery. Since there was a high chance we could have lost him during surgery we are elated he is doing so VERY VERY well. I have been going home to visit my family and spending much time helping my mama and getting the house ready for dad to come home. There is a long road to go but he and she are on therr way (I hope)

I wanted to thank everyone who contacted me with offers of help, and Ideas in regards to the large pearls. With permission I will forward information to my friend in New Jersey.

Thanks again Everyone!

cheers
Ash
who is very glad to be home and able to finish her own home projects.

HiEveryone,

I am sorry for teh delay in postingI have been running ragged a lot late due to a family situationand have not had much time to do much at all online.

I wanted to thank everyone who cotacted me with offers of help and great Ideas. Will pass the Information along and see what develops.

cheers
Ash

I'm very happy to hear that your Dad is doing well after his surgery. You're a wonderful daughter to be there for your Mom and Dad. :cool:

Back