Keshi pearls ?

JoannaK

Community member
Hello there ,

I have another strand of beautiful pearls however I don't what kind of pearls are these .
The pearls are of shape and quite lustrous . Each over 9 mm.
I was looking online and keshi pearls would be an idea but there are so many different ones which makes me confused.

I'm hoping for your help to resolve my dilemma :)

Thank you in advance !
Best wishes
Joanna
IMG_0426.jpg
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0420.jpg

Hi Joanna, I'm pretty sure that those pearls are tissue nucleated freshwater pearls. Keshis would be more irregular-shaped. Those are nuggets with a flat side like rosebud pearls.

Those are tissue nucleated freshwaters baroque shaped. I do not see any rosebuds. The flat sides are quite common. Pretty luster!

Hi Joanna, I'm pretty sure that those pearls are tissue nucleated freshwater pearls. Keshis would be more irregular-shaped. Those are nuggets with a flat side like rosebud pearls.

Thank you very much as always I'm so happy with fast response and wonderful knowledge :)

JoannaK,

Yes, great luster on your "nugget" pearls! They probably are tissue nucleated Chinese freshwater pearls, not keshi. A tiny piece of mantle tissue about 2 by 2mm is implanted, so a 9mm pearl is pretty much all nacre!

Thank you very much ,I'm planning to wear them often :)

Those are definitely tissue nucleated freshwater pearls.

Keshi pearls would pearls that are non-nucleated pearls(not intentional), in other words a by-product of pearl production. They are usually small but not always.

Those are tissue nucleated freshwaters baroque shaped. I do not see any rosebuds. The flat sides are quite common. Pretty luster!

Thank you Marianne , I'm very new to pearls and I still learning :) I'm planning to wear this pearls a lot !
They will be nice adding to my other strands :)

IMG_0018.jpg

JoannaK, what lovely pearls, and such a creative and fun way to photograph them ... wonderful!

Oh, really beautiful display, JoannaK! I especially like the second strand in with the larger circled and baroque pearls :)

JoannaK, what lovely pearls, and such a creative and fun way to photograph them ... wonderful!

Thank you CathyKeshi , hehe I called it my precious pizza ;) pearls are new to me but I must say i'm hooked . I trying to purchase different strands to learn more, I'm waiting for my precious Hanadama strand with earing , I will post pictures as soon as I get them :)

Oh, really beautiful display, JoannaK! I especially like the second strand in with the larger circled and baroque pearls :)

Thank you so much , I love SSP in any shape , I found ladies who sell them lose and time to time I buy new pair ;) I'm waiting for 2 gold SSP and 3 Tahitian , Can't wait to have them and add to the necklace :)

Back