Just picked these up...

AnnetteRene

Hello!

I just picked up this strand of pearls. The clasp is marked 14k FIC. Can someone please help me identify what type pearls these are and roughly how much they'd be worth? I figured for $20 I didn't do so bad - even if they aren't the best of quality! :) They look lovely in person.

And sorry for the quality of photos! This was taken in natural light on a white piece of paper - but, it's very overcast and foggy where I'm at today!

Thank you in advance for any help! I'm so glad I stumbled across these forums.

Attachments

• DSC03847.jpg
    DSC03847.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC03856.jpg
    DSC03856.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC03858.jpg
    DSC03858.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC03863.jpg
    DSC03863.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 51
Congratulations on a very attractive strand of cultured freshwater pearls, all nacre, with no bead inside! The gray and blue pearls are dyed, and are permanent colors. The clasp is 14k solid gold (fic is probably the manufacturer of the clasp). The pearl size is substantial also! A very good deal for $20!

I agree. Freshwater pearls, all nacre, and the dark and grey are dyed. If the clasp is 14K gold, it's probably worth more than the entire necklace cost. Even though the pearls are inexpensive, they are still gorgeous. Enjoy!!!!

Thank you for all of your replies! These forums are really helpful. I spent a couple of hours yesterday reading through the fascinating older posts! People have some amazing things! :)

Does anyone have idea idea the value of these? I'm a bit confused because the only things similar I'm finding online are in the $250-$350 range. I wasn't sure they'd be that much. They are vintage and about 17.5" long.

Back