Is there a 'best' time of the year to buy pearls?

adidaem

I am just wondering if there is a 'best' time of the year to shop for pearls, e.g. just after the harvest/pearl auction season when retailers have loads of new stocks so that desired sizes/colours are more readily available? :confused:

Alternatively is there a usual time when most retailers would have sales or mark-downs on their pearls? E.g. in Singapore we have a 'Great Singapore Sale' season starting in May when most retailers will have sales/promotions.

Wasn't able to find an old thread with this question, so if it has been asked before appreciate if someone can point me to the old thread.

Thanks in advance!

Pre and post holiday sales by the reputable internet retailers?

I am on the mailing list of a few.

DK ;)

The "best" not to be missed time to buy pearls is when Jeremy offers one of his special projects.

How does one get to know when such good specials are on? I am planning...

Babypearl

Just send an e-mail to PP and ask to be placed on the list :)

Ah, going to send the email soon. Thanks for the tip!

I was asking cos am wondering if choices would be more limited just before the next harvest/auction time? Logically say if a vendor got say 100 strands of xx mm at the beginning of the year, and starts to sell them over the rest of the year, it stands to reason that by the end of the year there could be just a handful of strands left and that most of the choicer picks are gone? Or is there some sort of steady supply stream? =P

If only stock could be planned so that one bought once a year exactly the right number of pearls and strands for the year!

Haha Wendy, true.

Anyway looks like the best strategy is to learn some patience and wait for the good stuff. :)

Back