Is Freshadama worth it for earrings?

J

JulieN

Looking to upgrade my 6mm Akoyas to 8mm freshwater. So AAA or Freshadama? I'm sure you can see the difference up close, but from a social viewing distance? Looking in the mirror?

Jeremy, you're welcome to come here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference is much more noticable in the necklace than the earrings. Freshadama is created from loose pearl grade. This is the grade used for round earrings. AAA and freshadama are composed from the same initial grade. The only difference is that the freshadama grade are 'cherry picked' from the earrings. These will have the luster and orient along with the shape and surface.

I think I'm going to have to step in and see for myself. /: They're going to be my 21st bday present to myself!

AAA and freshadama are composed from the same initial grade. The only difference is that the freshadama grade are 'cherry picked' from the earrings. These will have the luster and orient along with the shape and surface.
Does it then follow on from the above that you could cherry pick the AA grade pearls, for pearls with luster and orient, for those of us who are not so worried whether are pearls are perfect round or not?

Nearlyadama's perhaps?

Susan

Back