I want to get information about this pearl

It has every appearance of a nicely shaped, delicately colored and lustrous gastropod pearl (non-nacreous). Your name and screenshot indicate Turkish origin, can you tell us where you believe it was found?

The imagery is inadequate for identification.

Please revisit your photography by placing the object on a flat white surface and using a full frame macro setting. Likewise please provide other information, such as it's dimensions, where it originated, how you acquired it and any other useful provenance.

It's circular geometry is too perfect. The colour and surface are not typical. I'm sorry to say from this cursory glance, I have serious doubts it's a genuine pearl, no less a natural one.

Must await the certificate. Meanwhile perhaps you could advise provenance for the chest of mud.

Hello @habip.23
Please get the certificate...because to me it looks like a ceramic bead. But depending on damage suffered when inside the small chest...well maybe it is a natural porcelaneous pearl.
But my gut tells me it's not a pearl.

In fact, experts made tests for this pearl in a laboratory in Turkey. They stated that it was a natural pearl. However, I want to get a certificate from an internationally recognized institution such as GIA. Because it is uniquely large and almost perfectly round.
Thank you for the additional array of images.

Which experts? Which tests? Was the "chest full of mud" wet, dry or a combination of both? How long was it in that situation?

Please understand, I am scientifically objective in my approach to identification. thus unsupported subjectivity may be dismissive. Most if not all experts would not discuss value in the absence of a certifiable determination of it's origin. Science is about determining fact issues, not getting one's hopes up with wishful thinking.

The surface of this object is problematic. It's deeply marked, lacks iridescence and lacks deep lustre or subsurface translucency.

Meanwhile, it may be scratch tested inside the shallow hole. A scratch kit and USB microscope is infinitely less expensive than a lab test and/or easily improvised. A pearl will scratch (deeply) with a copper point, where a porcelain bead will not. What colour are the shavings? Are they powdery or crystalline shards? Is metal present in the shavings?

But my gut tells me it's not a pearl.
Agreed. Upon cursory examination, it fails on most points. The dimple has some similarity, but absent of distinguishable growth frontage, so even on that point scores < 50%. Clearly, any expert worth their salt would not, nor could not arrive at this being a genuine pearl, no less of natural origin.

Back