Help me choose 1 strand

4u4ever

Hi everyone. I''m new to PG but I started reading this forum since 2010. Now I in search for a Tahitian strand from Wen but I can''t decide which one to pick. The most attractive strand sold out while I was sleeping and I asked Wen to choose the best one from the remaining ones for me. I see some really nice ring Tahitian strands from Wen on PG and would like to ask for help from all of you.

Attachments

• 1 vs 3 vs 12 2.jpg
    1 vs 3 vs 12 2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 1 vs 3 vs 12 1.jpg
    1 vs 3 vs 12 1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 59
  • 7 vs 10 3.jpg
    7 vs 10 3.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 7 vs 10 2.jpg
    7 vs 10 2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 52
i like strand No.1 in these pictures but it sold out before I was sleeping not receiving pictures from vendor.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
It seems to me the middle strand (in the photos with 3 strands) is more colorful. :)

In your second post, the photos in the attachments have 4 strands. I like the 2nd strand which has redder colors.

Or you could just wait for Wen to get more colorful strands in....

Unfortunately, 4 also sold out. I hesitate choosing a strand as my most faves are number 1 and 4 in my second post. I even asked Wen if she has strands similar to 1 and 4 in stock but she did not reply to my question. I assume that currently no stock available.

Welcome to PG! You certainly came to the right place to ask questions.

If you are after colorful pearls, then I agree with PearlDreams that 2nd strand in the last set of photos has good color.

A couple of things you do want to look at when viewing, how blemished are the pearls? It's easy to become distracted by noticing the circles (which are quite lovely and add texture) and the color. What about the luster? Can you see the adjacent pearls reflecting? I would also ask her to describe the blemishing...are there 1 or 2 pin pricks on some of the pearls, or are there multiple on each? Are there any areas of missing or uneven nacre? All pearls have natural blemishes, just some are more heavily blemished than others. Blemishing will impact their price, as will size, color and luster.

I would ask Wen for additional photos of the strands you are interested in...sometimes it's tough to see the forest from the trees.

Thanks JP. When i ask for pictures, i tell her about my preference: less bremish, high luster, colorful color. Of course, for 120-170$ per strand, i get what i pay for. Number 1 in the set of 4 strands has all things i want, but it sold out in a blink. The middle strand in the set of 3 has good color but it does not have high luster as strand number 1.

Why don't you choose strand #7 or #8 of the higher price category? They're colorful and have fewer blemishes. Just a suggestion, you decide.

To be honest I’m not taken with the lustre on the remaining strands. I would hang onto the money and wait for a new batch or add to the money and. I’ve up to a higher level. I have wasted money in the past on things that I knew weren’t quite right ...I should have waited.

A great lustre and colour can forgive flaws for the right price.

I never recommend taking any tahitians from Wen. Sorry :) but I guess it's my personal madness))

Thanks for your opinions. As i am not like these , i hesitated for a while before raising this question here. I will wait for a new strand that meet my expectations

Pearl Paradise is currently having a Tahitian sale. Maybe something there will strike your fancy?

Back