Help me buy some earrings!

B

Bogus

Hee hee...I thought I'd take advantage of all you pearl gurus...

I'm considering bidding for a pair of drop freshwater pearl earrings that are on sale at a reputable auction house.

I guess I want to ask how high I should go for them, or whether I should go for them at all. Maybe someone here has a suggestion for a good place to go. I've followed some links here, and lovely as the wares are, they seem to be only YG...and I want WG or Plat.

The ones I'm considering are quite simple...18K WG wires, each with one bezeled full cut melee diamond, the drops 9.24mm (length? width? I dunno..) white, and appear very lustrous.

Any thoughts? Could I PM someone a link to the earrings for an opinion?

Thanks!
Bogus

Hi Bogus,

Have you checked our online dealers such as the The Pearl Outlet? I noticed a lovely pair in 14k wg, small diamonds down the front on euro wire, and white akoya I think 9mm or so. Just a possible comp--I think they were $320. Something with fw should be a little less.
I think all the online dealers have white gold. And it sounds like they can do custom work. Just happened to be the first place I looked! Just a thought--

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Thanks, Pattye...
I did check two online vendors, and neither had (or at least showed on their sites) what I want: tear-drop shaped pearl ear pendants....not round.

Good idea though...I will contact one or two to see if they could put a pair together for me, and how much it would cost...

Thanks!
Bogus

Back