Hello! Here are my pearls!

mcmoo

Community member
I am sooo happy to find this forum! I've enjoyed learning about pearls on this forum! I've purchased freshwater pearls in Shanghai a few years ago which whetted my appetite for more and more pearls. Here are some white and pink freshwater pearls and keshi petal-type pearls, some of which have not been strung. I also bought a pair of the metallic lavender drop earrings from the PP August specials. I love them! They are like mirrors. Can you see me taking the picture?

There's a few more missing like my larger set of pink CFWP set and my freshadama white pearl stud earrings and my recently purchased white metallic drop earrings.

IMG_5226.jpgIMG_5216.jpgIMG_5217.jpgIMG_5221.jpgIMG_5209.jpg

I'm hoping to purchase a few more strands in the future. I'm eyeing the white metallic freshwater pearls and the natural blue akoyas from PP. But for now, I will enjoy all the pearls that people have posted here. Thanks for letting me share!

Woo-hoo! Look at the luster on those earrings!

Thanks for showing us your beauties. I'm a fan of the petal keshi pearls too-- they have such nice iridescence.

Those are very pretty. Yes, we can always find an excuse for more pearls! :)

I wouldn't call those petal keishi. Now I may well have it all wrong but I describle petal keishi as the very very thin indeed ones, where you are surprised they were drilled at all and look as if someone squashed a blob of dough between two fingertips....like these p_raspberry_salmon_big_petal_keishi_2837.jpg (I got one strand only of these because they are the most luscious raspberry pink and super lustrous but I've never figured a use for them. Just making a necklace doesn't seem to work somehow.

Hi Wendy,

What would you call them then? I'm not up to date on all the terminology. I usually wear the white ones pictured twisted with a double strand of pink ones similarly shaped. I love the wild free-form look of it.

I think they are close enough to call petal keshi, but maybe cornflake keshi would be a better description. I thought that if you string them and they flutter up and down, they would qualify. Wendy does a lot more buying then I do and she ought to know what the sellers are calling them.

When petal keshi first showed up, they were all small like these. The large ones came later. The big uproar was that the Chinese freshwater cultured pearl sellers had the audacity to call them Keshi, which had previously been limited to the accidental pearls formed by saltwater oysters during the culturing process.

Wendy, have you seen any small ones for sale lately? I have mostly seen larger ones for sale. Maybe they aren't producing many small ones these days.

The sellers just call them keishi....o r 'those pearls'
The plumper ones I would call plump keishi or just keishi
but then I call call some pearls gold leaf or kasumi-ish..they are also called kasumi like or ripple pearls.

I have lots of small coloured and natural colour keishi - got them in for a customer who of course then disappeared completely <sigh> They're on the website. The smallest are 4mm

Last edited:
Ok thanks!

Also I love those dark pink colors in your strand. Is that naturally colored that way?

sooo, I've been on a bit of a pearl spree since I last dropped in on this thread. I thought I'd share some of my recent finds. I seem to gravitate towards interesting shapes. ;)

baroque Tahitians, japanese and vietnamese baroque akoyas, metallic lavender fwps, button earrings for everyday use, baroque white ssp pendant, and two toned lavender/blue souffle pendant. I love this website, but my wallet doesn't feel the same way. :rolleyes:

Also, I bought the small baroque ssps on a whim. Not sure what I will do with them yet....but maybe a three pearl pendant? or a Y necklace with these pearls at the center tail?

Attachments

• souffle pendant.jpg
    souffle pendant.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5410.jpg
    IMG_5410.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5427.jpg
    IMG_5427.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5359.jpg
    IMG_5359.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5358.jpg
    IMG_5358.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 56
  • baroque ssp project.jpg
    baroque ssp project.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5399.jpg
    IMG_5399.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5422.jpg
    IMG_5422.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 56
thanks pattye! I do have a lot of fun in the mornings trying to decided what to wear. :)

That's a great collection, and yes, you have been on quite a spree. Now I don't feel so guilty about my own. :rolleyes:

Back