Green vs Blue T's

Abi

I was sent pictures of two strands and slightly torn.
So I decided to get y'all's opinion on them.

He gave me the same price for both.
I am learning more towards the bluish ones, but would you consider the blemishes on these strands significant?

These are the Peacocks
IMG950574.jpgIMG955589.jpgIMG957815.jpg

He called these bluish peacocks:

IMG958078(1).jpgIMG950374.jpgIMG959556.jpg
Do you see with the bluish ones that theres a "gash"? Or is that something entirely?
Honest opinions on these?
He said taken by natural light.

Attachments

• IMG_9547.jpg
    IMG_9547.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 59
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 57
It's what I received :/. They looked much nicer on my phone.. does that mean bad news? on my side the ones where they took the ends are more focused, but when taken the overall strand it seemed more clear at the center?

I bought a multicolor T and a GSSP strand from his company, but in person at a tradeshow so I was able to decide first hand.

Last edited:
Some of the pearls on my AA+ Tahitian strands from PP have blemishes similar to these strands. However the noticeable blemishes are limited to maybe 2-6 pearls per strand which I remove. As to whether they are too blemished? Well that depends on the price and what your personal tolerance for blemishing is. Blemishes that can be seen from normal viewing distance really bother me.

Things I can't decipher from your photos: (I) how sharp the luster is and (II) how strong the overtones are (especially in various lighting situations). They look quite greyish in your photos.

Sanippy, you're also right.
I'm having a hard time seeing the luster and the overtones as well.. I think I'll pass on these strands unless I can personally see them.

I find that Tahitians in photos almost never look the same in real life as in photos. But these two strands look kind of blah to me. And the gashes and dings are too noticeable for my taste.

What's the vendor's return policy?
I only buy from vendors with good return policies, so I can see the pearls in person.

I see a few prominent blemishes that are too close to the center for my taste. I think your statement about passing on them unless you can see them in person is a good idea.

For me, personally, I would pass. I think that you'd be happier with a strand with fewer imperfections. If that means waiting a while to save up for them...in the long run it will be worth it. Your gut is trying to tell you something...I'd listen.

The green one would be an automatic out for me bc there are too many very obvious blemishes and in rather noticeable areas. I want the front pearls to be very nice in a strand. The pictures really don't help it either since I find them too dark to see luster and smaller blemishes (and they will all have blemishes, it is just a matter of how bad and how many). The blue strand seems to be brigher and more lustrous, but it could just be better lighting. I still see some significant blemishes, but not sure how many since the pictures are hard to see up close. If the price is low enough and he has a good return policy, I would probably ask for close ups on the blue. Then decide if the price made it worth getting, even if it meant it would become a bracelet and repurposing the more blemished pearls for reselling or another project.

Abi, You are developing a discerning eye, which is great! Yes, I agree with others that feel there are too many blemishes and the photos aren't clear enough. Good to great luster often makes up for a few shallow "shark bites" and light rings or dimples, but with some of the holes and gashes it almost looks like the nucleus is showing. I do like the oval shapes. Were you given a grade on these pearls?

I also have to agree with the others; I would also pass. There too many significant blemishes and the photos aren't sharp enough to make an informed decision.

Bweaves, PearlDreams, JerseyPearl, Amti, Pattye (Hi Pattye! :D), & Sunseeker:
I appreciate y'alls opinions about these strands!
I think sleeping on it helped as well. The next time I hear from the vendor, I'll respectfully decline. It's been really a hit or miss with this company, and they did not give me a grade on the pearls. I also thought the gash was possibly showing the bead as well... I wonder what could've caused it to be such way...
C'est la vie.
:).
Thank you again everybody!!

I also had felt being burdensome when I asked for more pictures... I never know if I'm creating a faux pas in asking for more pictures of pearl strands online, and what proper questions to ask..

You should never hesitate to ask for more photos! Any vendor who truly wants to develop a good client base will never hesitate to offer additional photos, and answer any and all questions!! I would definitely run from anyone who gives off a negative vibe when you ask questions or for more photos!

Back