Gemini Pearls

G

gemologist

I have heard this type called peanut, twin, double or other stuff, but I just got in some that are really large (11mmx20-26mm) and undyed and unbleached, I don't even let them wax these suckers, which means sometimes when they get to me they aren't exactly clean, but, after a little clean-up, I had to show these puppies off.

Now, generally, I am not a fan at all of peanut pearls, they are generally 6-8mm on the short side and have been bleached to death, but I order in mixed lots nowadays, whatever the newest catch is, I leave it up to my man in Zhuji, and thankfully he does well for me. This time my breath was taken away by these pearls, the colors were amazing, one with so much orient and a darker body color, it almost qualifies as peacock by generally accepted standards, and a couple that were bicolored.

Now onto the pics.

01.jpg

And
02.jpg

I always thought they were so ugly when I saw the smaller white ones, but I am in love with these.

They are so cool! What will you do with them?

They really are begging to be made into pendants, and I just don't have the equipment to do so. So, I shall sell them. Likely to the highest bidder on ebay on a piece by piece basis. I can;t see getting less than $8 each, right?

That second picture looks like a modern sculpture of a human form - love it!

Hi Gemologist,

I can?t see any pictures - just a square with a red cross in it!:eek:

That's a bummer... They are back now though... What can I say, my website hosting is $12 a year :0

Back