Fireline thread

I only use Fireline to string sharp edged faceted gemstone beads or swarovski crystals. Firelines doesn't have the right feel of either Dandyline, beader's secret, or silk thread. Fireline is rather stiff. But that's just what I think about it. I would, however, use Fireline to string pearls in the style of Gellner's necklaces.

Great. Thank you I have cancelled my order of Fireline, and will use the silk I have as I cannot find anywhere in the UK to buy the beaders secret or the power pro.

Trying to get onto that web site but it says not found Grrrr
OK got it. Just virgin media being naughty

My GSS were professionally strung on steel wire with silicone bumpers between the pearls-- I bought them in that condition. The necklace is very comfortable and hangs nicely, but of course if greater flexibility is desired, thread is the way to go.

Thank you I am sorry to be picking your brains all the time but I am a beginner and about to strand my very first pearls as soon as they arrive.

Brain-picking is a regular part of what we do here! We all benefit from it. :)

You will be surprised how easy it is to string your pearls with Pattye's Serafil or Beaders Secret. Be sure to post photos of the finished strand so we can drool!

Last edited:
I was no help here as I have no idea what Fire line is lol (now I do...looked it up ) However I would say to get Beaders Secret as it's quite forgiving if the knot ends up in the wrong spot...not difficult to unpick the knot. It also doesn't stretch as much as Silk if you do long pieces or heavy pearls. And wonderful colours.
We all started knotting at some point and we all remember the finished product when proudly held up to admire....only to see that there were 5 and 10 mm gaps dotted around... been there and done that...several times ! Practice is all it takes. Watch a few of the knotting videos! And it does help to enlarge the drill holes in the 3 pearls at either end...they end up with more thread than the main body of the necklace. You can use a little bead reamer or a home drill with tiny .7 or .8 or.9 bits .
Best of luck !

Thank you. The pearls arrived yesterday but I am just waiting for the beaders secret and the fancy clasp I have ordered to arrive then I can get on with it. By the way how do I put pictures on here please?
Boopygirl

Hi Boopygirl. You reply the thread as usual but click the insert image icon to upload your pictures. Then follow the instructions on the pop up little screen. That's all and it's easy. I attached the picture here IMG_20161011_100612.jpg

I use Go Advanced > Manage Attachments to upload images, never tried the above method, but it looks easier-- thanks for posting that, Pareltje.

Pearls back.jpg Well it took all day but I did it what do you think and please be honest as I want to learn to do it well.

I turned your photo so we can see it better.

That looks like a mighty good stringing job to me! :)

Attachments

• boopygirl's stringing job.jpg
    boopygirl's stringing job.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 56
Back