Etsy.com - Not sure where to post

I have seen the wire wrapped rings before, but I am not really a ring person, and I am not sure they would be comfortable. The person doing the wire crochet is very good at it! The anemone earrings were pretty cool. I have tried wire crochet with pearls myself, but not nearly that competently. They have a nice look - kind of like the illusion necklaces that used to be very popular - but they are a bit fragile in my experience, since the metal can get brittle.

A bit 'desperate' looking IMO. Not sure I get the point, but... fortunately there's a gazillion preferences out there.

It looks like beading and wire can get very impressive, but the effort, attention and talent involved keep designs from getting mass market. And that's a good thing I suppose. It looks like Etsy seem to be trying to prove otherwise. Oh well... Why not!

Found THIS recently (a class catalog, working pretty well as designer directory).

... one beading design using 'petal' shaped keshi remained in my memory: one of the 'garlands' by Laura McCabe. Her things make me want pick up a beading needle again! :cool:

GAR1b.jpg

Where do folks wear such things? Are these simply 'collected' under glass? I would need some toned down to dare wear them. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
PMC, peyote stitch, seed beads, crocheting, riveting ... what's a beader to do! There's just so much out there, so many ways to go, so many things to learn! Absolutely dizzying!

Back