Does anyone recognize this clasp design and potential maker?

turkey_sandwich

Hello everyone! Long time reader, first time caller.

I have the opportunity to purchase this string of secondhand pearls from someone who doesn't have a whole lot of information on them. Fortunately, the price offered is quite a bargain even if they happened to end up being fashion jewelry, so my curiousity is in full force. All the seller knows about their necklace is that the clasp has been machine tested as 14K white gold. Here are some photos:

Screenshot from 2024-08-21 14-31-45.png
Screenshot from 2024-08-21 14-32-50.png
Screenshot from 2024-08-21 14-32-04.png

The clasp is quite unique to me, with a flower in the middle. I've tried researching to see if I can find any info on its potential origins and came across this listing from a jeweler with the same clasp claiming that it is from the 1950s. The necklace in the listing has akoya pearls, while the seller of the necklace available to me believes they are freshwater. The price of the jeweler's listing is out of reach for me... if it does end up being reflective of the value of this necklace it would be irrelevant to me as my intention for the necklace would be for wearing and enjoyment, not to flip.

Thank you in advance to any knowledge anyone may be able to share. Much appreciated!

Clasps can be reused, so the clasp may not be original to the strand.

It's pretty hard to tell much about that necklace without better photos. Ideally it should be photographed against a white background, no flash, with closeups of some of the pearls, including any blemishes. Perhaps the seller can supply you with such photos and you can then post them.

Back