displaying pearls

flycatcher

Community member
Greetings,

I recently ordered a strand of MiltiColor Freshadama pearls from Pearl Paradise. They are beautiful but, when I got ready to wrap the box so that I could give it to my wife, I decided to take the pearls out of the case and blow some dust off of the black fabric that lines the case. When I did so I put the pearls into the white box top and the colors just popped. Is there some reason that pearl boxes always seem to be lined with this black fabric? I have seen where several people have remarked about putting the pearls on a white background for photos so why not for sale? It would seem to me that having a few different types of boxes available to send to the customer would be a good thing. That way the color that best displays the color of the pearls could be used to make the best first impression to the buyer.

--Stephen

We have tried white and light colors in the past. Some colors of pearls look better on darker colors, some on light. The main problem is that the white and very light colors stain so easily. One would think this is not a real problem as each box used is new. But the boxes are opened, disassembled and stamped with our company logo. They are then reassembled before they are delivered to our warehouse. Even with the black we often wipe them down before using them.

Jeremy,

That makes great sense. I had not noticed the logo as I was focused in on the pearls. Now everybody knows a small part of why I don't run PearlParadise. :) I never thought about having to keep something white clean. Thanks for the prompt reply and thanks also for the quick and courteous service from your employees.

Back