Christmas Present

Cathybear

Looky what my honey bought me for Christmas!! Er earrings

Attachments

• ForumPic.jpg
    ForumPic.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 50
Wow, those are some huge and lustrous baroques! I'd love to see them dangle. Hopefully someone will take a photo of one on your ear for us to gaze at with envy... Congratulations;)

Lucky You, Cathybear!

Those are gorgeous! Yes, I agree with Blaire, we want a photo of them dangling---we have had recent discussions on other threads about wire wrapping pearls, too!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Naughty Gem Geek!

Cathybear, how do they work? I am trying to imagine those as huge (20m??) dangling earrings... Are they?

Sorry, i had to cut out all the wrinkly bits lol, The actual pearls are about 17.4mm x about 8mm tapering to about 4mm.
They are post and butterfly but I think I'll ask the jeweller if he can change the to continental type hooks, as I find the butterflies a bit fiddly. Funny how once you need reading glasses your fingers don't work as well any more, even when its doing up clasps and you do it by feel anyway.

Attachments

• Earring InEar.jpg
    Earring InEar.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 60
Lovely! Thanks for posting :)

Good to see some of these short dangles again in the mid of the 'dictatorship of stud earrings' ;) - it has been a while!

I love them! Thank you so much for the picture of them in their natural habitat ;)

Those are stunning! What's a continental wire? A french wire?

That sounds like the basic leverback. A great way to go! Comfortable, secure, and doesn't take away from the style of the dangle. Overall they are terrific!

Pattye

pattye said:
That sounds like the basic leverback. A great way to go! Comfortable, secure, and doesn't take away from the style of the dangle. Overall they are terrific!

Pattye

And no little bits to drop. Easy and quick to put on and take off which means I will wear them a lot more often!

Back