Can you tell me anything about these?

sboucher

An ex-boyfriend of mine gave me these pearls, and I know nothing about them! I have a few strings of real pearls and fake pearls that I compared these to. I am 99% sure they are real (the shine, the slight difference in size, the color, the clasp, the grittiness when you use your teeth on them). I know they are pretty good quality because the clasp says "14 K". There is also a "O" or "Q" on the clasp, though I don't know what that would mean. Also, part of the clasp is crushed. DSC00745.jpgDSC00746.jpgDSC00744.jpgDSC00743.jpgDSC00745.jpgDSC00746.jpgDSC00744.jpgDSC00743.jpgThey are lavender and a few are a little darker purple.
Now here is the question:
What kind of pearls are they? Are they real? What are they worth?

I've attached a few pictures to look at. THANKS!!!!!!!! :D

Yes, they are real. These are off-round freshwater pearls from China. Their worth depends on the size of the pearls, but since the pearls are not round, but more potato shaped, it is not tremendous. They are still nice, though.

They are definitely beading quality Cultured Freshwater pearls from China. The lavender is desirable, ( I am crazy for them!) but the original price of the pearls at a gem show would be around $12 a strand in the Usa. A necklace made from them could retail for around $80-100. The resale price would be far less.

Those pearls are highly wearable and can take a lot of wearing without ever wearing down to the bead. There is no bead; these are solid nacre.

Back