Buy From A Pearl Farmer?

jshepherd

Pearl Paradise
This thread is for pearl professionals that are looking to source Akoya pearls from an actual farm in China.
I have a very good friend, many of you have already seen him on the DVD - Pearls the Documentary, who is looking for 3rd tier production customers.
After pearls are processed they are separated into 7 quality tiers. Tiers 1-3 are the best quality. 4-7 are the lowest, and are typically sold at markets in China, Hong Kong tradeshows, and television shopping networks around the world. To date I have secured this farmer’s 1st and 2nd tier. The 3rd tier, however, is overabundant in his stock. There are 2 categories that fall into this 3rd tier. The first are pearls with high luster and medium blemishing. The second is medium luster and light blemishing. Because in Japan even a moderately blemished strand with good luster is more valuable than a clean strand with medium luster all pearls that fall into the ‘good luster’ category are currently being sold to Japanese factories.
We are now looking for 2-3 good customers that would like to purchase these 3rd tier pearls. You would not be purchasing them from me, you would purchase directly from the pearl farmer – at pearl farm pricing.
If you do need my company to broker the deal for you we charge 10%. If you are able to do the deal yourself we will take no commission. If we broker this will include:
Negotiation
Communication
Importation
Please note that we will not be interested in brokering a small deal (less than $50k).

As I am not completely keen about the idea of providing direct access to an Akoya pearl farm there will be a couple of points to take into consideration before you contact me with your interest:
Only the 3rd tier quality pearls will be available.
Before I provide the contact information for this farm the customer will agree to an NDA (non-disclosure agreement).

I think this is a great opportunity for anyone able to move the merchandise. One of the biggest benefits is you will be able to purchase from a farm at a huge discount over any other source, and you will not be taken advantage of as you will be received upon my recommendation.

If you are interested please send me an email and tell me about your requirements. As I mentioned previously we are only looking for a few customers. If I decide to give you the farm’s contact information and we are not brokering the deal for you, you may proceed immediately. You may need to negotiate a bit over email, but I will be willing to provide you with the fair market values to expedite this process.

jeremypshepherd@yahoo.com

Akoya

Akoya

Jeremy,

I know that this is an old thread, but do you still have availalbe a certain quantity of akoya pearls from your pearl farm partner? Though rating systems are very subjective, what quality would you say the Tier 3 pearls would qualify as, A, AA? You mentioned that the most lustrous pearls are committed to Japanese clients, are the remaining still reasonably lustrous?

Thank you,

The 3rd tier quality is actually quite good. If you have shopped the pearl markets this quality is substantially better than what is found in Hongqiao and the like. You may find this quality in Hong Kong from Yue San or Rio as well. It is better than commercial, and the luster is quite decent. The farmer always has a large selection. He personally is farming 6-7 and 7-8 this year, but he also owns the largest factory in his area, so he purchases from all the farmers that do not own factories. Thus, he is always left with a lot of 3rd and commercial. Since my original posting I have passed on about $100,000 worth of business to him, but he still has an abundance.

Hello,

I'd like to meet people who breeds pearl, someone who knows a pearl farm in the Philippines. I'm a fashion jewelry designer. Please help me find. Something cheaper than China but with quality. Is there anything like that in the Philippines? Please help!

Thank you.

Back