BLISTERED PEARLS FROM THE DEAD SEA, hee hee!

kojimapearl

Today was a very busy day for us at the show in San Mateo. Fuji ran off to buy some more plastic bags, and when he returned grinning ear to ear, I just had to have a look myself. He had noticed these pendants made of fresh water pearl shell (in all likelyhood from China) and the laminated sign reading "Blistered Pearls From the Dead Sea" . Of course the bit about them being from the Dead Sea made him chuckle, but the part about them being "blistered" was the source of a good belly laugh. It was almost too good to be true!
I know, I know... it's terrible, but I snapped this while no one was looking and I promise to take the source with me to the grave. Just thought you all might share in our giggles.
I am not discouraging anyone from buying pendants that look like these, just please only buy them because you like the way they look and feel, not because they were "blistered in the Dead Sea".
Cheers, Sarah

Attachments

• blistered pearls.jpg
    blistered pearls.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 58
Lop Nur (Noor) resurfaces at Pearl-Guide (thanks, Google)!

Last edited:
Lop Nur (Noor) resurfaces at Pearl-Guide (thanks, Google)!

Thanks for that one: short and sweet!

Now, imagine an idiot trying to dig up records of invertebrate life (and certain by-products) to match the fairly recent stages of that geological story. :mad: Not about to forget that one any time soon...

Back