Are these mikimoto pearls real? If yes, what year is this made?

Piyopiyo

Are these pearls real mikimoto? I didn’t know they make silver clasp with the M charm. Also I noticed not all the pearls are perfectly smooth? Is it due to age or are they fakes? I had thought all mikimoto pearls were smooth with no blemishes. Thanks for any insights.

Attachments

• IMG_8919.jpeg
    IMG_8919.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8918.jpeg
    IMG_8918.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
It looks like a real Mikimoto clasp. Yes, you may find blemishes on some of the pearls. That does not mean they are fakes. Mikimoto carries a range of different qualities. There is no way to tell what year the strand is from as far as I know.

Thank you! There are just small tiny blemishes. I just didn’t know you tend to see them on strands bc I never saw them on the earrings and pendants but another member explained to me the reason. Also, I didn’t see these silver clasp only gold bit Japanese seller told me in Japan, you can choose clasps, charms etc.

Sorry, one more question, these silver clasps are made a while ago? Or they still make them as I don’t see them on their website? Or only made for ones in Japan? thanks! Mine also came with the m charm. Why some of them have them but some don’t?

The charm thing is fairly recent within the last 10 to 20 years, I think. My mother's strand of Mikis didn't have the charm, or she might have removed it, because it bugged her.

Back