All the pearls I am thankful for!

kojimapearl

Whoooooooshhhh! I am just home now from nearly three weeks on Ahe. I will not try to compete with the Kamoka epic posted by Sheri, but thought I might share a few of the many things I am thankful for in this new year and very special time for us all.
1. Kamoka surfers for OBAMA (the greatest black pearl of 2009)
2. The bounty of the Pacific ocean.
3. The lasting pleasure of having a great photo of Josh getting ready to take a forced swim..... I WIN I WIN I WIN!!!!
4.My blessed life, walking the bridge of great faith at sunset.
and ofcourse...
5. The beauty of Kamoka pearls!
Happy New Year to you all.... A warm fuzzy thank you to all the Kamoka family out there, working hard to ensure that their pearls match the light in their smiles.
Hope to see you in Tucson.
Sincerely, Sarah

Attachments

• Obama on Ahe.jpg
    Obama on Ahe.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 59
  • BOUNTY.jpg
    BOUNTY.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 59
  • THROWING JOSH IN.jpg
    THROWING JOSH IN.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 58
  • b ridge.jpg
    b ridge.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 58
  • KAMOKA PERLES 09.jpg
    KAMOKA PERLES 09.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 57
Oh Sarah!

What great pictures!! It looks like you had an unforgetable trip.

Thanks for sharing!

Oooooooohhhhh, I'm ALREADY feeling nostalgic!!!

"bridge of great faith"?????....I still think of it as "bridge from hell"... but what an incredible photo you got of it!:D

Thanks for the reminder of wonderful times, and happy 2009, Sarah!

Sheri

Lucky lucky you Sarah. Thanks for the beautiful photographs.. How is your French?

Sarah,
Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos, especially the sunset shot of the bridge. Happy 2009 to you.

Manuia!

Oh Sarah... this is sooooo beautiful!
I already looked today at the airline schedules, how do people fly to Tahiti from Europe...dreams... (sigh)

Olga

I'm soooooo envious, but very happy for you! Thanks for the terrific photos. ;)

And then some...

And then some...

Glad you all enjoyed the photos.
Nerida, my french crawled out of the snail shell of being too shy to speak. My comfort level with the Kamoka family helped tremendously.... that and watching several movies with out subtitles, including Total Recall, Wall-E, and Stigmata. Even picked up some more Tahitian!
Olmander, I understand that most people travelling to Tahiti from Europe, go through Los Angeles, which although I suppose it is "faster" it still seems grueling to me, and I have spent a good part of my adult life on planes.
Here are a couple more photos....
1.Josh enjoying a surf at "the pass", otherwise known as "church"
2. Heiarii piled high with the white sand of the south side, in the background...Josh and his family laughing in the crystal waters.
3. And yet another pearl to be thankful for... The silliest grandma I have met yet!
4. MORE KAMOKA PEARLS FOR US TO ENJOY!!!
Happy New Day in the life!
Sarah

Attachments

• JOSH SURF JANUARY09.jpg
    JOSH SURF JANUARY09.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 65
  • heiarii.jpg
    heiarii.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 64
  • silly grandma.jpg
    silly grandma.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 66
  • KAMOKA PERLES 09 2.jpg
    KAMOKA PERLES 09 2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 73
Those are amazing pictures Sara and what a great tale you have to tell. It's wonderful with pearls how you can see so many and never get tired of them. Much the opposite really.
Congratulations on such an auspicious beginning for 2009!
barbie

It looks like you had a blast, Sarah - finding lovely pearls in both human and mollusk form! What I would give for a trip to that beautiful beach. We haven't seen the sun in Boise for 9 days and the temperature is hovering at 30 degrees each day (and 19 at night). You sure make me envious!

Oh, what fabulous photos - thank you so much for sharing. Our temps are slowly climbing back up into the near-freezing range, but it is still so lovely to realize that there are places of warmth and sunshine out there!

mewet1182.jpg

In case the photo of Sarah pushing me wasn't clear enough, I've posted this to show what happens when you pose trustingly with her near a body of water. I had to climb into that boat from the uh, water. Like I said to her though, revenge is a dish best served cold, really cold.

Back