advice for finding a pearl set for my wife

geheimniszero

I have a slight problem trying to decide what kind of pearl set to buy my wife for Xmas this year. This will be her first set so I'd like it to be one she will really enjoy. The problem is I am currently stationed in Kuwait right now so the option of seeing the product up close is out of the question and I really dont know what kind of pearl to really get her. I've done a little bit of research on the different kinds of pearls but I am still uncertain what to get her:confused: My price range is 200 to 500 and I am looking to get a white pearl necklace with the matching bracelet and earrings. There is a bazaar where I stay at that has a vendor who is selling a set for 150 but I believe they could be some really high end Fake pearls. Any advice and help would be grately appreciated.

Thx, an american soldier.

Conserving the Fighting Strength

Since you are American I am guessing you will be comfortable with american vendors. Your budget should get you some good white pearls and I would recommend you start your search with www.Pearlparadise.com as at least a benchmark to see what is available and the prices.
The pearls in the bazaar may be fakes but are as likely to be fairly decent pearls but not super top quality - this is one of those times when a practised eye would help - can you get any photos of the pearls on offer? We could look at the photos here and maybe give you a steer.

Are you in the ME? Local bazaars are fun, but no place to buy pearls, which are mostly imported from China and way overcharged for the quality.

Wendy gave you good advice. Study what you want on the Pearl Paradise site, then keep the quality vs. prices in mind when actually shopping in person. PP is the largest online supplier of pearls and has the best prices. We have other online dealers too, but start at PP for the baseline.

Through the years I have found that the PX's have been pretty fair. And you may have the right to return or exchange. I would not go to the baazar. You have no
assurance they will tell you truth or that they won't switch. No matter how nice they seem they only want US $$. You should have no trouble getting necklace 18"-22" matching braclet, which if your lucky can hook into the necklace to lengthen and matching ears. You need gold wires through the lobe but can save a few $$ by insisting on
non gold earring backs.
sorry > Semper Fi

Back