Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Two Akoya necklaces from Takahashi, Tahitian keshi studs from Takahashi with dangly jackets I made, and a Tahitian keshi necklace I knotted.
IMG_2619.jpeg
IMG_2618.jpeg
IMG_6352.jpeg

JEG: Those pearls glow.

Visiting Dad today and layering up on the white pearls. Kojima South Sea, freshwater, and akoya keshi tin-cup. Natural White Hanadama rope from PP. The first rope of akoyas I bought myself in 1982. Coin pearl ring from Kojima. Mom's akoya ring, and freshwater bracelet. My Mikimoto yellow gold earrings. The lighting is terrible today. I can't get a good photo of anything.

IMG_2875.jpeg
IMG_2876.jpeg
IMG_2879.jpeg
IMG_2878.jpeg
IMG_2877.jpeg

Wow, everyone looks fabulous! Jeg … Paris, pearls, keshi ❣️ BWeaves thrilled you got the Miki earrings so quickly; the pearls are gorgeous 💕. We are jetlagged, disheveled and looking over Monterey Bay, after flying across the US yesterday :) Really looking forward to PBTB in a few days :)
IMG_7033.jpeg

OOOOO, they're going to livestream PBTB. I might get to sort of attend! Not the same as being there, though.

Lazy day. 100% Kamoka chested today. Sharkey pendant and black and white Tahitian studs. I'm really NOT into sharks, but this carved pearl was so cute that I couldn't resist it. Same with the shark's tooth in the Jurassic Time Traveler pendant (in my avatar).
IMG_2881.jpeg
IMG_2882.jpeg
IMG_2883.jpeg
IMG_2884.jpeg
IMG_2885.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks BWeaves and Cathy! Cathy, watching those waves coming ashore is a relaxing way to get over your jet lag. Looking forward to catching up with you soon! BWeaves, I’m not too much of a shark person either, but that carving is more of a happy shark so it’s kind of dolphin-like and dolphins are my favorite sea creatures.;)

Blue Tahitian strand and studs from Alex Collins, and bracelets I knotted with tiny T’s also from Alex.
IMG_2609.jpeg
IMG_5311.jpeg

More earring jackets I made this morning with tiny T’s from Alex Collins. Worn on Tahitian keshi studs from Takahashi.

IMG_6700.jpeg
IMG_6709.jpeg

Jeg, always beautiful choices, beautifully worn.

Light bulb moment here. My wife has two pair of Cook Islands keshi studs, one a little greener than the other but otherwise interchangable. No need for two pair, so what if we take one pair and dangle a couple of SOC keshi from each? Will bring the available pieces along to PBTB for a look on Saturday.

Thank you, SteveM and CatMom! SteveM, I made a bunch of dangly chain jackets in the fall and the nice thing about jackets is they are not permanent so you can still wear your studs or you can use the dangles with any pair of studs.

Your combination is light and cheerful for your stormy day, BWeaves!

Tahitian and Tahitian keshi subtle ombre rope from Kojima, a Tahitian keshi chain I made, and earrings I made with grey Akoya extras from one of my Takahashi projects.
IMG_2629.jpeg
IMG_6866.jpeg

Last edited:
@BWeaves - I ADORE that tin cup! Looks great paired with everything.

@jeg - lovely as always! Also a perfect rainy day ensemble.

Also.. I just saw a picture of some of the pearls being offered on PP's next live event. I saw pistachio and I am PUMPED. I will gleefully jump off Ban Island for those.

I e-mailed PP and asked if there were any pistachios in the next PP Live event and I was told no. Hum. I just checked the photo on Facebook. Some of those strands look pistakio-ee! I love that big blue strand and the white strand next to it. Someone put me on Ban Island, NOW. I do not need more pearls. I still haven't gotten the last two things I've bought. I know they're coming.

Last edited:
I e-mailed PP and asked if there were any pistachios in the next PP Live event and I was told no. Hum. I just checked the photo on Facebook. Some of those strands look pistakio-ee! I love that big blue strand and the white strand next to it. Someone put me on Ban Island, NOW. I do not need more pearls. I still haven't gotten the last two things I've bought. I know they're coming.
When you reached out, the team didn't know what Hisano and I had found. They thought we were only bringing back some special blue baroques. But we did find pistachio too - and golds! They just arrived on Monday and we updated the event description :)

When you reached out, the team didn't know what Hisano and I had found. They thought we were only bringing back some special blue baroques. But we did find pistachio too - and golds! They just arrived on Monday and we updated the event description :)

OH NOES!!! I'm doooooomed. And THANK YOU!!!

Virtual meeting with Hisano today to decide how to set Hisano's favorite Kasumi pearl from the Kasumi Live Event. I'm wearing little h earrings, enhancer and tin-cup.

IMG_2891.jpeg
IMG_2893.jpeg
IMG_2896.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you, SteveM and CatMom! SteveM, I made a bunch of dangly chain jackets in the fall and the nice thing about jackets is they are not permanent so you can still wear your studs or you can use the dangles with any pair of studs.

Your combination is light and cheerful for your stormy day, BWeaves!

Tahitian and Tahitian keshi subtle ombre rope from Kojima, a Tahitian keshi chain I made, and earrings I made with grey Akoya extras from one of my Takahashi projects.
View attachment 469285View attachment 469286
Oh I LOVE the colors on your strand jeg!

Today I did a "more is more" tahitian look. Shorter strand from PP, pendant from Jac, and longer strand from wenpearls on etsy.
20240516_114736.jpg

Ps - please excuse the salad dressing stains on my shirt from lunch 🤣

Bweaves - how did you decide to set the kasumi?

lary007: Love your T's!

And I JUST got off the Zoom with Hisano this minute. The Wishbone setting was too small for the Kasumi pearl. It would have looked weird. But I was already leaning towards a little h, yellow gold, round, diamond bail, because it would be the exact same shape and size as the ruby bail I have on my current Kasumi pendant from Kojima. That way, I can wear the pair of them as earring pendants on my diamond hoops, in addition to wearing them on necklaces. I couldn't decide where to drill the hole. This pearl was perfect on all sides. It was hard to decide which color I wanted the be in the up position. The pearl keeps changing colors has you twirl it around.

And I got a peek at one of the Pistachio strands coming up on the baroque akoya Live Event.

Back